Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel)
GHA are operating the Cheshire Show shuttle bus services this year on 19/20 June. The services run Knutsford - Showground (svc 1) and Hartford - Northwich - Showground (svc 2). As far as I can tell from the timetables, three buses will be needed.

Link here: http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/transport...rvice.aspx

Hope of interest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
does anyone know what rate of pay the drivers are on?
A G reg School Decker just passed me on the 82! Not sure if this is rare or not
(13/06/2012 16:11)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  does anyone know what rate of pay the drivers are on?
I think it is about £7.50 an hour (That wont be 100% accurate!)

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(13/06/2012 16:45)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  A G reg School Decker just passed me on the 82! Not sure if this is rare or not

I think that's unusual but not unheard of.
G503SFT regular
(05/06/2012 19:38)DLG817 Wrote:  Two snippets

2. S878SNB Dn Dart (ex Arriva 808) - it appears that it may be starting its service with GHA at Middlewich depot - presumably for the 319 Sandbach - Tremlow Green service as the Solo which has been used on this service failed and had to be towed back to Ruabon recently. Again sightings to confirm will be appreciated.

Yes, It went passed me in Middlewich today, 1 bus usually goes past Middlewich heading for King street at 3.45 (Also Winsford Bound) It used to be the solo, As you stated its not anymore!, So it went past at 3.45 in Middlewich Smile
(14/06/2012 16:26)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  
(05/06/2012 19:38)DLG817 Wrote:  S878SNB Dn Dart (ex Arriva 808) - it appears that it may be starting its service with GHA at Middlewich depot

Yes, It went passed me in Middlewich today, 1 bus usually goes past Middlewich heading for King street at 3.45 (Also Winsford Bound) It used to be the solo, As you stated its not anymore!, So it went past at 3.45 in Middlewich Smile

Many thanks for the sighting - glad information was correct - will see if this is a permanent allocation. Cheers Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
The Siopa 101 Shoppa looks like it is currently receiving a bit of flack
Wrexham bus service 'not running to timetable’

Someone does make a good point near the end, and this is slightly off-topic, but about the lack of any sort of Park & Ride in Wrexham, surely spending money on that rather than this silly 101 route would be a better option?

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
GHA's new X36 route seemed to be suffering problems yesterday, 13:08 Halton Lea-Ellsmere Port (T510APS) turned up at about 13:28 obviously due to heavy traffic on Runcorn/Widness bridge which had the usual weekend bridgeworks on it reducing it down to one lane in each direction.

Vehicles seen were the following:

ALX200 Dennis Dart (sorry didnt get reg)
Former First Manchester ALX400 Volvo B10BLE T510APS
Unkown ID'd Plaxton Centro

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)