Current time: 24/04/2024, 18:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
26 vehicles used most of which were deckers with only a couple single deckers, one massive operation!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/09/2015 19:09)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  26 vehicles used most of which were deckers with only a couple single deckers, one massive operation!!

Photo here courtesy Charlie Williams

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(24/08/2015 20:31)DLG817 Wrote:  Unfortunately one of the new Beartown liveried ADL E20Ds 1471 - YY15CMX has been involved in a RTC and has sustained considerable front end damage - it is believed that the bus was stationery at the time of the incident.

Since that incident Dennis Darts seem to be popping up quite frequently on the GHA Gold 88 route. Are the 88 branded Enviros making occasional appearances on Beartown services or is the frequent unavailability of GHA Gold buses unconnected?

One regular commuter on the 88 route is South American and he describes the GHA Gold Enviro 200s as the best buses he's ever been on but the older Dennis Darts as comparable to what you get in developing countries. He actually switched to using the 88 route between Altrincham and Knutsford over Northern Rail because of overcrowding on the trains and the introduction of new buses with wi-fi, the bus takes 3 times as long but as the bus stop is closer to his work he saves 20 minutes by not having to walk as far.
(07/09/2015 18:26)knutstransport Wrote:  Since that incident Dennis Darts seem to be popping up quite frequently on the GHA Gold 88 route. Are the 88 branded Enviros making occasional appearances on Beartown services or is the frequent unavailability of GHA Gold buses unconnected?

One regular commuter on the 88 route is South American and he describes the GHA Gold Enviro 200s as the best buses he's ever been on but the older Dennis Darts as comparable to what you get in developing countries. He actually switched to using the 88 route between Altrincham and Knutsford over Northern Rail because of overcrowding on the trains and the introduction of new buses with wi-fi, the bus takes 3 times as long but as the bus stop is closer to his work he saves 20 minutes by not having to walk as far.

The 88 Enviros have been known to make infrequent appearances on services 45/16 when both Metrocities have been unavailable. They have also occasionally appeared on Beartown services, however I've only ever witnessed this once.
A Volvo Olympian has been on the T3 today!
(07/09/2015 20:51)Lynx Wrote:  The 88 Enviros have been known to make infrequent appearances on services 45/16 when both Metrocities have been unavailable. They have also occasionally appeared on Beartown services, however I've only ever witnessed this once.

It does sound like the 88 route is the first one to suffer if they are short of their higher standard buses. However, I thought all 88 services were operated from the Macclesfield depot so how do the 88 buses finish up on 16/45 services? Do they do a long empty run to swap over buses or do they swap over buses using the 289 route to get Tarvin based buses on to the 88 route at Altrincham and Macclesfield based buses to Northwich?

Are GHA still planning to get a further two Metrocities?
(08/09/2015 12:44)knutstransport Wrote:  It does sound like the 88 route is the first one to suffer if they are short of their higher standard buses. However, I thought all 88 services were operated from the Macclesfield depot so how do the 88 buses finish up on 16/45 services? Do they do a long empty run to swap over buses or do they swap over buses using the 289 route to get Tarvin based buses on to the 88 route at Altrincham and Macclesfield based buses to Northwich?

Are GHA still planning to get a further two Metrocities?

Maybe this was back when the 16's and 45's were Tarvin operated, as that wasn't so long ago.
From what I gather all 88's are Macclesfield or Winsford depot not Tarvin same as 16/45 not tarvin has but 289 is
(08/09/2015 13:12)E208 WBG Wrote:  From what I gather all 88's are Macclesfield or Winsford depot not Tarvin same as 16/45 not tarvin has but 289 is

I didn't realise 16/45 was at Winsford but I thought all 88 services were now Macclesfield based. In the evening the two 88 buses which end at Knutsford bus station now run a 27X service to Macclesfield and the two which end at Wilmslow now run a 130 service to Macclesfield.
(08/09/2015 13:23)knutstransport Wrote:  I didn't realise 16/45 was at Winsford but I thought all 88 services were now Macclesfield based. In the evening the two 88 buses which end at Knutsford bus station now run a 27X service to Macclesfield and the two which end at Wilmslow now run a 130 service to Macclesfield.

What ever depot does 88 does 16/45 I'm lead to believe from talking to drivers I know

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)