Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(04/03/2013 11:52)sth77 Wrote:  As far as I remember all the Solo's were parked up in their usual places in the depot yesterday, so there is no excuse for putting a solo on the 10A.
As tinytears said though, if it's the last 10A out of the garage and with it being a cold morning, it could have been the only starter in the garage which wasn't already booked in for work i.e. a monthly inspection etc. For the sake of one round trip, whilst not ideal to have a 28 seat vehicle out, it's going to be more troublesome and make the service later to try and stop a full size vehicle on a local and have it swapped over (bearing in mind that the local route then potentially suffers from a lack of capacity on a lower frequency than the 10A) so, to send that Solo out for a single round trip, bearing in mind the 6 minute frequency of the 10A, and then pull it off on return to St Helens in favour of a full size vehicle which has been given attention during that period (whether that's just to get it started, complete its monthly inspection etc.) is probably the best option.

I'd be incredulously surprised if it transpired the shunters had set up the lanes the previous night with the intention of that Solo operating a 10A.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - CX54 DKD - 04/03/2013 12:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)