Current time: 25/04/2024, 21:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(20/02/2013 19:23)sth77 Wrote:  716 was also out on the 10A this morning, noted arriving back in St Helens just before 11am. I think the allocator needs to be have a word with when full size buses, all be it Marshalls are on locals and Solo's are been put on longer routes.
It's an interesting one because previously vehicles, such as a Dart or Cadet, would have been pulled from locals to operate a Liverpool whilst that Solo would take up the place there. In an ideal situation, it would be a full-size vehicle which would have covered but it was notable that, a lot of the time, the substitution came from the 37/38 road. That kind of thing just doesn't seem to happen anymore though and, instead, it seems to be a case of throw out whatever is free!

Like wirralbus says, a bus is better than no bus even if it means that only half the amount of passengers are able to be carried besides which, I'd be surprised if an SR was allowed to leave the garage allocated to a 10/A anyway so likely not much the allocator (i.e. the shunters at St Helens) could have done. It would seem more likely that it's covering a breakdown to me.

Still, I'm very glad I wasn't subject to that allocation!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - CX54 DKD - 20/02/2013 20:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)