Current time: 18/04/2024, 08:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I had a ride on 718 earlier (on the 33) and I'd like to echo comments from CX54 and SHR et al and say that the Solo SRs are indeed impressive from a passenger point of view - the seats are comfy and the interior looks good - I like the little green LEDs that are just to the side of the main white strip lights down the ceiling above the aisle.

Performance wise they're not too bad at all, they do seem a little short of puff in fourth gear on faster runs (Marshalls Cross Road by Sherdley Park) but otherwise they're quite perky.

Loadings weren't too bad either - I think some people were used to having a bigger bus on the route as they seemed a bit puzzled at where to sit! Otherwise people seemed to be quite impressed...

...that is apart from some of the drivers! I overheard a couple of them talking earlier and they didn't seemed convinced by the cab layout and all the extra neck-craning it brings, which is understandable.

PS - seating capacity is noted at 35? I was under the impression they are 37 seaters, has someone miscounted?

(edit wrong fleetnumber)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - SL64 JFK - 01/08/2012 15:25

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)