Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(04/06/2022 12:31)St Helens Rider Wrote:  713 is on the 17 today alongside (rant alert) 2 58 Plate Solo's (arrgh) - very busy and shockingly bad allocations for a Saturday. Surely these vehicles can be swapped to somewhere more suitable.

Just had the same situation on 676 think it’s time these Solos were swapped for bigger vehicles however it mustn’t be possible at the present time

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
On the current frequencies the 58 Plate Solos plus 2160 are too big for anything bar the 37, Problem is does any Depot need smaller Buses?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2592 is currently on 352.
(06/06/2022 10:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  On the current frequencies the 58 Plate Solos plus 2160 are too big for anything bar the 37, Problem is does any Depot need smaller Buses?

As I said in the Wythenshawe thread, they could do with them if/when they are missing any Stratas as it was mentioned Pulsars are deputising on some routes and potentially struggling getting round.
Ex welsh pulsar 2648 was on the 89 this evening
Commander 2582 is out on 10A
2596 is now out on the 33 in place of 2582
4607 found it's way onto the 37 today replacing 2160 which was on there this morning. Complete waste of a decker, whilst I was waiting for my 38 the 4:10pm 37 left with 3 people on it and had 1 person on it's return.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(10/06/2022 20:18)sth77 Wrote:  4607 found it's way onto the 37 today replacing 2160 which was on there this morning. Complete waste of a decker, whilst I was waiting for my 38 the 4:10pm 37 left with 3 people on it and had 1 person on it's return.

That's a stunning contrast in vehicle capacity! Haven't checked today but wouldn't be surprised if crowded 28 seat Solo's were trundling between St Helens and Widnes at the same time this allocation was happening.
(10/06/2022 21:08)St Helens Rider Wrote:  That's a stunning contrast in vehicle capacity! Haven't checked today but wouldn't be surprised if crowded 28 seat Solo's were trundling between St Helens and Widnes at the same time this allocation was happening.

I noted at the same the time that 2160 was on the 34/A so there must have been an issue at some point during the day. I know it's better any bus turns up than none at all, but there must have been a vehicle more suited sat in the depot.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)