Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Is there a reason why at the moment 329 & 360 leave Warrington Interchange within 5min of each other during the day and then nothing until the next hour? And are there any plans on increasing both services to normal levels any time soon?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/07/2020 06:42)M60lad Wrote:  Is there a reason why at the moment 329 & 360 leave Warrington Interchange within 5min of each other during the day and then nothing until the next hour? And are there any plans on increasing both services to normal levels any time soon?

I think they still interwork but could be wrong.
(05/07/2020 06:42)M60lad Wrote:  Is there a reason why at the moment 329 & 360 leave Warrington Interchange within 5min of each other during the day and then nothing until the next hour? And are there any plans on increasing both services to normal levels any time soon?

St Helen's rider is correct , they still inter work.
At this moment in time the bus industry future is not looking pretty any time soon and could be months away from anything of a normal service for most operators for certain routes as most services are picking up 10%-30% of there normal passenger numbers.
2967 now in new livery

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Decker out on the 34 today
(24/07/2020 16:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Decker out on the 34 today
Must be the first time since the days of GM Buses!
(24/07/2020 16:46)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Must be the first time since the days of GM Buses!

I think you may be correct as I'm not 100% sure if the F reg metro buses that use to be based at st Helen's made it on there on the odd occasion or not.
Now the 34 and 34A dont interwork anymore then this could happen more often.
Is the 34/34A not interworking anymore a permenant thing is it just due to the current temporary timetables at the moment?

Is there anything stopping St Helens putting a decker on 17 route? It seems to get any other kind of vehicle on there although Pulsars seem to be the norm at the moment since Halton ceased operating.
I think it's a permanent thing as they was looking into this before all this kicked off to increase reliability.
The 34 in peak times was having problems with heavy traffic between Lane head and leigh in both directions causing it to have an effect on the 34A , so by splitting it the reliability of the 34A then becomes more reliable as that doesn't get caught up anywhere and can pick up the slack between st Helen's and earlstown which is the busier section of the corridor.
(26/07/2020 06:33)M60lad Wrote:  Is the 34/34A not interworking anymore a permenant thing is it just due to the current temporary timetables at the moment?

Is there anything stopping St Helens putting a decker on 17 route? It seems to get any other kind of vehicle on there although Pulsars seem to be the norm at the moment since Halton ceased operating.

I remember there used to be a morning working on the 33A from Widnes that was decker operated. I don't think it lasted all that long though, because by the time I went to get a photo of it, it was no longer allocated a decker.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)