Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(06/05/2017 06:39)RedPanda Wrote:  Any news on the London spec streetairs?

Its been getting a sticker put on the destination this morning for the 920.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/05/2017 16:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Decker out on 320 shorts this afternoon with my little freind TT at the wheel.

Bless you MM, only had it for one trip when i started, 2981's propshaft had snapped on the previous trip apparently, and that was his exchange they brought to him. Driver who took me off done a trip to Ashton, but refused to take it to Wigan.

This is where things nowadays just get plain stupid. The 320 has not been route assessed for a decker. But to those of us old enough to know, the 320 was always operated with Deckers, in GM days, even LUT days when it was the 317. Deckers use the Haydock corridor on schools, Ashton to Platt Bridge corridor uses deckers on schools, and Stagecoach too, Platt Bridge to Wigan by Stagecoach/Finches. Not even mentioning HGV's. Just goes to show how out of touch some of these modern companies are. Know the area you operate your buses in, rather than looking at where they go on google maps !!!!!!

TT
I find it a bit bizarre that the StreetAir would be used just on the 920, seeing as that only runs 2 trips per day.
I take it that this sticker covers the dests so that it couldn't be used on other routes.

But talking of which, nice to see an Enviro 400 (number 4613) on the 920 tonight.
(16/05/2017 20:58)Valandil Wrote:  I find it a bit bizarre that the StreetAir would be used just on the 920, seeing as that only runs 2 trips per day.
I take it that this sticker covers the dests so that it couldn't be used on other routes.

But talking of which, nice to see an Enviro 400 (number 4613) on the 920 tonight.

Yeah it as stickers covering all 3 destinations front , side and rear.
Its parked at the front of the depot in the end lane looking ready to go out so may go out tomorrow.
When they had the full electric solo that only went on the 920 too as its just incase any problems occurs while out in service.
(27/04/2017 07:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  LK66 GPF is the registration but no fleet number as been given as such yet.

What a rather enjoyable ride
Few rattles and squeaks but smooth acceleration and a lot quieter that a pulsar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/05/2017 06:04)RedPanda Wrote:  What a rather enjoyable ride
Few rattles and squeaks but smooth acceleration and a lot quieter that a pulsar

So as it been out this morning.
(17/05/2017 06:23)motormayhem1 Wrote:  So as it been out this morning.

Correct Smile
For goodness sake. I would love to jump on but that route just aint happening. Geeze. Why cant it be put on a route that runs in the day?
Because it's better putting it on a route that's not out for long

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
How inconsiderate. Why didnt they think about the bus spotters? We will never use flash for obv reasons and the bus is out in silly hours so then no one can spot the thing. There must be a better route. once per day around midday to get the enthusiasts happy and show off a new bus. There must be a route which St Helens operate which would be a good match other than 920. I would say 35 or 32 but they use smaller buses from what I can remember like solo SR size.

User(s) browsing this thread: B10B6514, 11 Guest(s)