Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Without having to trawl through the threads why did Green Lane have the 10As took off them in the first place?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Reliabilty issues ;-)

TT
(21/12/2014 09:57)tinytears87 Wrote:  Reliabilty issues ;-)

TT

Does this mean that there were reliability issues with the vehicles, staffing or punctuality? If it was the reliability of the vehicles that was the issue surely that will no longer be a problem when the Enviro400s go into service.
Sorry mate, it was more the attitude of staff and punctuality, we all had the same buses back then more or less. ;-)
GL had a bad working relationship with MTL management in those days. 10A's were frequently running late, and going OOS to catch up, Arriva came in, and quickly gave the route to SH in the hope for a better service.

TT
How come whenever I venture out on a Sunday I never see any Solo's out?
(22/12/2014 01:27)turbo777 Wrote:  How come whenever I venture out on a Sunday I never see any Solo's out?

Some Solo SR's did used to go out on a Sunday on some local routes such as the 32, but in the last few months this has stopped and been replaced by Pulsar's again.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Loadings on a Sunday in recent years have probably been rising , bus frequency isn't as high this could be a reasoning why the Solo's don't get used Sundays . There in the depot ready to be used if needs arise.

When the double deckers arrive St Helens will have a little bit of everything , Double Deckers , Single Deckers and Midi-buses (solos) , a depot to suit all work.
Y21 BLU (2557) as now come out the engine/bodyshop and as joined the st helens fleet.
Loads certainly weren't high enough to really justify Pulsars on a number of routes I saw yesterday wirralbus. As I mentioned in another thread, I've been out of the region for several months so can't really comment too far as to whether usual Sunday loadings have rocketed, but I'm very surprised by the change in Sunday allocation; surely it's more cost effective to run a lightly loaded service with a smaller vehicle which presumably returns better mpg figures!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(22/12/2014 07:51)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Y21 BLU (2557) as now come out the engine/bodyshop and as joined the st helens fleet.

For anyone interested 2557 is out on the 20s today.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)