Current time: 20/04/2024, 11:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
It's the same problem on the 34's in a morning - there journey is advertised to spend 3 minutes waiting out time at Earlestown (on journeys towards Leigh) but with less traffic on the roads this has been more like 5.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm glad it's not just the 352 that's having this problem. Usually the driver takes just the one break but sometimes they need to take two, depending on speed and the amount of passengers.

I'd imagine it's even worse for drivers heading in the opposite direction as I've seen several Wigan-bound 352s with nobody on them in a morning, and nobody waiting for one either.

(31/07/2014 20:13)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  Does anyone know why the 352 times haven't been adjusted for the summer period?

It seems a little odd as drivers are now sometimes either driving slightly slower than usual, or taking small breaks in order to prevent running ahead of time.

It is so hard to adjust timetables just yet them right , to be honest you could travel the route for five days and find that the traffic conditions can be different every day of the week .

In recent years when Arriva do frequency cuts for the summer is it just the frequency that gets cut and not the running time allowed .
Some services could do with slacker timings in the Summer - as I said previously, the 34 towards Leigh can be waiting out time for up to 5 minutes at Earlestown and around 3 minutes at Newton Station. It would probably be quite complex though to retime as it interworks with 34A.

The age of vehicles at St Helens is beginning to bite on the 34/34A this week - the 0745 34 from St Helens has had the following problems this week. On Monday, was running 15 minutes late due to a gear problem and yesterdaY and today, vehicle broke down. In the case of yesterday, I seen the B10BLE in question parked up on Corporation Street being seen to by Engineering Staff. Not a good situation any time of day but at this time it is especially bad as I know people who rely on this journey to get to work.
Will sthelens vehicles see some attention polish and promote because theres a lot looking scruffy in and outmost of the buses mainly b10le have never been touch since new.sthelens have the paintshop and seem more concerned about over depots and taken in all the cast offs instead of looking after there own
(02/08/2014 09:54)sth6168 Wrote:  Will sthelens vehicles see some attention polish and promote because theres a lot looking scruffy in and outmost of the buses mainly b10le have never been touch since new.sthelens have the paintshop and seem more concerned about over depots and taken in all the cast offs instead of looking after there own

I would say that anything V, W,X and Y reg that has yet to be put through p&p will not be touched as it will be a waste as they will be gone on the next 12-18 months.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Ive just been given 676 in exchange for 2706 on my 34/34A.
That's a fair swap isn't it, full size bus for a mini bus.
Nice to see the deckers still here and wasted on 33s.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
2251 sounds utterly dreadful.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)