Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
RE: The Economy
(05/02/2019 12:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  HMV has been saved by a company based in Canada, 100 Stores are saved so 27 will close, The closing Stores will be announced later today.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/27-hmv-st...d-13955426

Ayr
Bath
Bluewater
Bristol Cribbs
Chichester
Exeter Princesshay
FOPP Bristol
FOPP Glasgow Byres
FOPP Manchester
FOPP Oxford
Glasgow Braehead
Guernsey
Hereford
Manchester Trafford
Merry Hill
Oxford Street
Peterborough Queensgate
Plymouth Drake Circus
Reading
Sheffield Meadowhall
Southport
Thurrock
Tunbridge Wells
Uxbridge
Watford
Westfield London
Wimbledon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seems sensible, try to close stores were there is a duplicate, eg FOPP in Manchester and close ones which are in Expensive shopping centres that attract young people who are most likely to download through the likes of Netflix eg Trafford Centre, Westfield London, Thurrock - Lakeside and Glasgow Braehead. and Bristol Cribbs Causeway As Wigan now has HMV as does Liverpool and Preston maybe Southport's on the closure list as it sits between others that are a mere bus ride away, plus the cost of employing staff in Southport is possibly more as would rent due to the place being upmarket, same with many towns in the South.
It seems highly likely come sometime on Wednesday we will be having a major cabinet reshuffle.

There will definitely be a new chancellor of the exchequer and maybe a new secretary of state for transport.
(21/07/2019 21:28)wirralbus Wrote:  It seems highly likely come sometime on Wednesday we will be having a major cabinet reshuffle.

There will definitely be a new chancellor of the exchequer and maybe a new secretary of state for transport.

Will be a very short lived Gov

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/07/2019 07:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  Will be a very short lived Gov

Potentially he could stay in power until 2022
(24/07/2019 09:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Potentially he could stay in power until 2022

Would be lucky, Him going for No Deal has angered some of his own MPs who are happy to bring him down

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(24/07/2019 13:29)T42 PVM Wrote:  Would be lucky, Him going for No Deal has angered some of his own MPs who are happy to bring him down

Its a minefield whichever way for the conservatives , do no deal and the knife will go in from the MP's , dont do brexit and Mr Farage , can and will upset both the Labour and Conservative applecart , whichever way the political establishment is changed forever.
(24/07/2019 18:11)wirralbus Wrote:  Its a minefield whichever way for the conservatives , do no deal and the knife will go in from the MP's , dont do brexit and Mr Farage , can and will upset both the Labour and Conservative applecart , whichever way the political establishment is changed forever.

The tories have got themselves into a corner as with such a slim Majority they need to do a balancing act, I can see Boris going for No Deal and his own MPs will stop him via a no Confidence vote leading to an Xmas General Election. Interesting times ahead

(24/07/2019 19:48)T42 PVM Wrote:  The tories have got themselves into a corner as with such a slim Majority they need to do a balancing act, I can see Boris going for No Deal and his own MPs will stop him via a no Confidence vote leading to an Xmas General Election. Interesting times ahead
This could end up in stalemate if we end up with a parliament hung again , something has to give at some point.
Seems highly likely that Wrightbus is going to be put into administration today , hopefully a buyer will come along for the company , otherwise it looks like the pool of vehicles manufacturers will get ever smaller.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)