Current time: 16/04/2024, 16:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I think Primos are B28F, while 41166 is B27F.

Close, but not quite the same Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/06/2012 19:43)Nicholas Wrote:  
(09/06/2012 15:34)SF07 Wrote:  New Enviro400s at Hyde Road depot, possibly for use on the 76 (according to the My Manchester blog)

They are for use on the 76, they are to form the latest part of the improvement scheme for the route (the first part being the peak-time enhancement of the service).

A few more newbies to look out for :-) I've been off work on holiday for a few days so haven't been paying attention to buses much. I'll be doing a catch-up this week though. :-)
(11/06/2012 05:28)ace Wrote:  
(09/06/2012 19:43)Nicholas Wrote:  
(09/06/2012 15:34)SF07 Wrote:  New Enviro400s at Hyde Road depot, possibly for use on the 76 (according to the My Manchester blog)

They are for use on the 76, they are to form the latest part of the improvement scheme for the route (the first part being the peak-time enhancement of the service).

A few more newbies to look out for :-) I've been off work on holiday for a few days so haven't been paying attention to buses much. I'll be doing a catch-up this week though. :-)

Well, as somebody who lives on the 76 route, that is good news with the continual improvements to the service. With the poor reliability of the 180/184, the 76 has become a more useful service to use in recent times.
Noticed in the service changes booklet (and then as a result of that, their website) that Stagecoach are running a evening offer until the end of the month, which is reduced prices on the day tickets (similar to the McrLovesFeb campaign).

From 6pm every evening until 30 June:
Adult Dayrider: £3.90 -> £3.20
Dayrider Plus One: £5.80 -> £5
Group Dayrider: £8.50 -> £6
Does anybody know why drivers are not given a float for change when they start work? Yesterday morning I got the 42A from its starting point in Reddish, and bought a mega rider, but had to wait until I got off before I got my £3 change from £15. As the journey went on, I noticed other passengers were having the same problem. I know security issues probably play a part but I would have thought a small amount would have been handy.
I have had the same problem with Stagecoach. A couple of times I've been let on for free as the driver had no change but mostly I've had to wait until getting off before getting my change. I can understand it of smaller company's but large firms like Stagecoach??

Surly a basic float is a must?
If the Manchester floats are anything like here in Cumbria & N Lancs, then £1 coins are in short supply.

They usually have plenty of small change for fares, but at the start of the shift especially, drivers are short on £1 coins.
Basic float (5p's, 10p's, 20p's and 50p's usually) is always provided at the start of a shift, but it isn't enough to give every passenger £3 change when they buy their megarider, especially as it is usually advertised to pay with the correct fare where possible.
If a large float is provided, it can cause the driver to become overloaded with change when everyone on the bus that day decides to pay with the correct fare, there's only so much money the cash boxes can hold. It has happened before here, a driver having to delay his bus while he emptied some of the change out into a green cash bag.
Sometimes here, a driver will give change out of their own pocket, and take it back at the end of the journey, but they generally don't do this because people who see them put the cash back into their own pocket assume they are stealing.
The general float is £20.00, but all it takes is one or two passengers wanting a daysaver or a single fare and paying with a £10 or £20 note to use up most of the float.

Don't forget, there is an element of security with having a smaller float - all it takes is a hand through the hole in the assault screen!

Ideally, passengers should have correct change, or as close to that as possible. Compared to other locations, such as Preston or Edinburgh, we're lucky that all operators in Greater Manchester give change. And in some places, if the driver doesn't have enough change, they have to issue a change voucher which would mean a trip to the company's offices to exchange it!
Not even that... First thing in the morning someone gets on wanting a Megarider and hands over a £20 note. Boom £8.00 in pound coins gone.

£3.90 for a dayrider... £1.10 if they pay with a fiver or 10p change if you're lucky and they pay in pound coins - which in the morning isn't as likely. So the 10ps disappear and the pounds are in short supply until you've got a supply of fivers or people get on with the correct change.

So you want to you where our float goes? Just ask the first 5 passengers on the bus...

I'd love the idea of issuing a change receipt. Even better still a "no change given" policy would work wonders...

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)