Current time: 25/04/2024, 03:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Brand new 11525 has been at Stagecoach Merseyside's Rock Ferry depot the last couple of days, reasons unknown....a friend sent me a pic of it parked in the yard yesterday. I don't believe this has been in service at Stockport as of yet.

EDIT - still there today https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/50213959092

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11265 on the 378/379 ''so called service''this morning. Going up Outwood Rd,Heald Green with its 20mph limit and sharp humps will do its suspension a lot of good!!
(04/08/2020 18:25)gilbert Wrote:  Saw 12223 wasting half an hour at Handforth Dean this morning-no number front or back-presumably 42C -to pick up 1 passenger. What a dreadful service change this is proving to be. But not half as bad as the utter chaos of the 378/378A/379.

I thought I’d got my head around the 378/9 but the stops indicate that both of them are going via dairyground road with nothing staying on the main road ??! I though the 378 was sticking to the original route on the section between stockport and bramhall vlillage.

To confuse matters, bustimes has the 378 using the southern part of fir road, which I think is an impossible left turn off the main road!
(14/08/2020 14:36)djb Wrote:  I thought I’d got my head around the 378/9 but the stops indicate that both of them are going via dairyground road with nothing staying on the main road ??! I though the 378 was sticking to the original route on the section between stockport and bramhall vlillage.

To confuse matters, bustimes has the 378 using the southern part of fir road, which I think is an impossible left turn off the main road!

Nobody [least of all the public] has the faintest idea.Some of the bus stops still have the wrong bus numbers on,none have any timetables,so nobody knows when,where and by what route the buses go.

Bus times still have the 313 using Grove Lane for all its services when [apart from maybe 1 or 2 early morning services] it doesn't.

19248-newly painted was on the 42C [with no passengers of course] this afternoon .Still shown as Magic Bus on Bus Times
(14/08/2020 18:34)gilbert Wrote:  Nobody [least of all the public] has the faintest idea.Some of the bus stops still have the wrong bus numbers on,none have any timetables,so nobody knows when,where and by what route the buses go.

Bus times still have the 313 using Grove Lane for all its services when [apart from maybe 1 or 2 early morning services] it doesn't.

19248-newly painted was on the 42C [with no passengers of course] this afternoon .Still shown as Magic Bus on Bus Times
The 313 is fine. It shows Grove Lane terminus because on the 30th August, there is a timetable change and that change has 2 buses which go to Grove Lane terminus.

It doesn't show that any other trips stop there so I see no issue. Seems to be you making an issue out of nothing as you would complain if it didn't show the stops which are served.

The bus which is newly painted might still be showing in an old livery. The system isn't automatic and the developer manually changes ever edit so things will take time. To be approved, they also like to have some proof of the livery change and if the bus has changed livery and there are no photos on Flickr or google of the bus in the new livery, they are unlikely to approve it.

Not entirely sure why you are complaining about bustimes anyway on the Stagecoach thread since the websites are unrelated.
(14/08/2020 23:33)iMarkeh Wrote:  The 313 is fine. It shows Grove Lane terminus because on the 30th August, there is a timetable change and that change has 2 buses which go to Grove Lane terminus.

It doesn't show that any other trips stop there so I see no issue. Seems to be you making an issue out of nothing as you would complain if it didn't show the stops which are served.

The bus which is newly painted might still be showing in an old livery. The system isn't automatic and the developer manually changes ever edit so things will take time. To be approved, they also like to have some proof of the livery change and if the bus has changed livery and there are no photos on Flickr or google of the bus in the new livery, they are unlikely to approve it.

Not entirely sure why you are complaining about bustimes anyway on the Stagecoach thread since the websites are unrelated.

It was in the new livery.It was stopped doing nothing outside Tescos Handforth Dean for half an hour-no passengers.

The 313 should show Stanley Rd not Grove Lane because that's where all bar the early two go.
19114 & 19179 have transferred to North East, arrived at Sunderland depot yesterday. A third one is expected too.
(15/08/2020 18:22)gilbert Wrote:  It was in the new livery.It was stopped doing nothing outside Tescos Handforth Dean for half an hour-no passengers.

The 313 should show Stanley Rd not Grove Lane because that's where all bar the early two go.

You've contradicted yourself there on both points
Is it just me or are the timetables on the Stagecoach website very hard to read? You have to scroll through so many pages to find what you're looking for and when you get there it's still unclear. For example according to the timetables the 11 does not serve the White Hart in Cheadle but the 11A does.

The website is also showing incorrect information for example saying the new 7/7A will now serve Heaton Mersey when it doesn't and the Stockport network map has several mistakes.

It's one thing making changes but you need to be clear with the public about the changes or you lose more custom.
iMarkeh

No I haven't.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)