Current time: 24/04/2024, 10:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(07/12/2018 07:26)M60lad Wrote:  May I ask Brickmill where you've heard/read that the works to Reddish Bridge are to start next year? Only I've been wondering when these works are going to start and couldn't find anything online.

Its certainly going to be interesting for Hyde Road services when work does eventually start and I wonder whether we'll see any timetable changes to any of their services while this is on going.

I think they may just cut the routes into 2 parts and put more 7s to give people a gap fill for locals at peak.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/12/2018 14:22)Mrboo Wrote:  I think they may just cut the routes into 2 parts and put more 7s to give people a gap fill for locals at peak.

Can you be more specific, bearing in mind no one (outside M'cr City Council) knows exactly what this work entails in terms of disruption, diversion and duration?

Also, how is the 7 (physically) different to the rest of not only buses, but all traffic?
As expected the Stagecoach price increases has made it into the MEN and surprise surprise (not), they have made it sound ten times worse than it actually is.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...9-15542525
(13/12/2018 09:47)Mayneway Wrote:  As expected the Stagecoach price increases has made it into the MEN and surprise surprise (not), they have made it sound ten times worse than it actually is.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...9-15542525

How on earth have they sensation slides it? By making it the 31st non football/NY revelry story. By detailing who decides what under de reg or by allowing Ms Tasker to reveal just how ignorant the post 2014 management of Stagecoach MCR are of the network east of the A57M?
(13/12/2018 12:43)Brickmill Wrote:  How on earth have they sensation slides it? By making it the 31st non football/NY revelry story. By detailing who decides what under de reg or by allowing Ms Tasker to reveal just how ignorant the post 2014 management of Stagecoach MCR are of the network east of the A57M?

Your post doesn't make much sense I'm guessing spell checker has been up to mischief but it's pretty sensationalised when it's on the front page of the MEN. The actual rises aren't that big and I notice First are keeping tight lipped about there possible rises - which let's be honest will happen.
Stagecoach have apparently cancelled the 168 from end of January. The cancellation has appeared today.
(13/12/2018 14:57)Mayneway Wrote:  Your post doesn't make much sense I'm guessing spell checker has been up to mischief but it's pretty sensationalised when it's on the front page of the MEN. The actual ris kies aren't that big and I notice First are keeping tight lipped about there possible rises - which let's be honest will happen.

Spellcheck has made a mess of the first sentence but I stand by the rest. The rise is more than double the regulated rail fare increase and some off peak fares are frozen. No mention of single fares yet. But yes,, I do agree with you about First.
The £60 28 day mega rider isn’t saving you any money either, if a weekly mega rider lasts 6 days at £15 a week, you’ll spend £60 on buses every 28 days either way.
(13/12/2018 16:50)Brickmill Wrote:  Spellcheck has made a mess of the first sentence but I stand by the rest. The rise is more than double the regulated rail fare increase and some off peak fares are frozen. No mention of single fares yet. But yes,, I do agree with you about First.

Question Is do these fare increases push any of Stagecoach's ticket prices above Firsts??
(13/12/2018 18:23)Mayneway Wrote:  Question Is do these fare increases push any of Stagecoach's ticket prices above Firsts??

Probably, but that's hardly relevant. What is relevant is the wide disparity between fars on their OWN routes and whether they are breaking laws such as cross-subsidy to achieve this. Their intentions for the proposed e-bus and redeployment of hybrids and Euro6s make their intentions absolutely clear - a two tier system of low quality,high fare captive market in east Manchester, Tameside and Stockport paying for a high quality low fare politically influencial market of south Manchester, Trafford and Salford. The REAL question is, how closely are the trillionaires in Siiicon Valley watching and how many more tens/hundreds of thousands of cars can suburban eastern Gtr. Manchester sustain on its roads?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)