Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(06/01/2018 21:31)Metroline1511 Wrote:  On a tongue-in-cheek note, it's as if over the festive season, bus allocations are decided by Father Christmas. Laugh

And Fares are decided by Scrooge...........
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Service Changes for January 2018 on the website.

Mostly timetable changes. Service X92 will be withdrawn in the afternoon, while service 50 is re-routed in Manchester to run via Portland Street and Princess Street instead of Albert Square.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...nuary-2018
Manchester Evening News article about the withdrawal of the X92 afternoon journeys, which is reported that they're being withdrawn due to drivers getting abuse, as they mistaken it for the 192.

A Stagecoach spokesman said:
Quote:We have made these changes as a result of ongoing verbal abuse directed towards our drivers by passengers who pressure them to stop at stations which the X92 does not serve.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...e-14138461
Do Stagecoach still have an Inspector on 192 stop at peak times? As I know they have done in the past as I know the odd times I've caught X92 the Inspector has been there and as everyone has got on X92 he's been letting them know that its Express to Stockport, I think what needed to happen was just before the X92 left Manchester the Inspector got on just to advise passengers that next stop was Stockport and wouldn't be stopping at any stops inbetween.
(11/01/2018 07:31)M60lad Wrote:  Do Stagecoach still have an Inspector on 192 stop at peak times? As I know they have done in the past as I know the odd times I've caught X92 the Inspector has been there and as everyone has got on X92 he's been letting them know that its Express to Stockport, I think what needed to happen was just before the X92 left Manchester the Inspector got on just to advise passengers that next stop was Stockport and wouldn't be stopping at any stops inbetween.

The problem was that exact scenario is/was happening with the inspector both announcing before boarding and after, and yet people still didn't listen and tried to fight their way off a moving vehicle. Dodgy
(11/01/2018 09:45)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The problem was that exact scenario is/was happening with the inspector both announcing before boarding and after, and yet people still didn't listen and tried to fight their way off a moving vehicle. Dodgy

You will find minority of passengers choose not to listen or just blatantly ignore them and just take the chance of asking and saying they never heard the inspector say it so the driver will let them off.
These people must be stupid. After all would someone board a virgin pendolino at piccadilly and then try to force the doors at heaton chapel or levenshulme?!
19242 in Magic Bus livery was in Leigh Bus Station this afternoon on the 34 to Manchester.
(Departed at about 14:35)
(11/01/2018 19:15)Bevan Price Wrote:  19242 in Magic Bus livery was in Leigh Bus Station this afternoon on the 34 to Manchester.
(Departed at about 14:35)

36787 also on the 34, noted in Manchester earlier today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(11/01/2018 17:44)Redmikey Wrote:  These people must be stupid. After all would someone board a virgin pendolino at piccadilly and then try to force the doors at heaton chapel or levenshulme?!

Absolutely - but it does remind me of a story that I once heard about BR, back in the days when "set down only" and "pick up only" stops for trains were more common than nowadays. An announcement was made on a train about to leave London Kings Cross that any passengers for Peterborough should leave the train as it was not scheduled to set down there. Plenty of passengers ignored this - only to see Peterborough pass them by at full line speed, because a special had been provided to take passengers from Peterborough to join the main service at York!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)