Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/09/2020 16:04)gilbert Wrote:  19178 has been operating on the 379 all day today wherever and whenever that goes to and from.Still wrong numbers on some bus stops,no timetables on all[apart from Stockport bus station]so most people still haven't a clue about the inflicted changes so some are still waiting at stops for buses which will never come.

Didn't they bring up the bus stops in the last GMCA Bus Sub-commitee meeting, with TfGM going to go through all the stops to get them up to date.

It is honestly such as disappointment that TfGM stopped their mobile app (I know not ideal for those without smart mobile facility) as that would as least give a few people the ability to find the timetable times. I am not sure if it is just me but the "UK Bus Checker" app isn't showing any times within the next hour.

As this is a Stagecoach thread, I am aware that they do make thier own app which shows their own services but there is two big flaws with it. The tracking for live times isn't always accurate (as it will calculate evenings based on daytime journey times) and sorts on bus number rather than chonologically on the list.

I have had to resort to bustimes.org in the interim, which also has it's own quirks.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/09/2020 17:03)dounowhoiam Wrote:  Didn't they bring up the bus stops in the last GMCA Bus Sub-commitee meeting, with TfGM going to go through all the stops to get them up to date.

It is honestly such as disappointment that TfGM stopped their mobile app (I know not ideal for those without smart mobile facility) as that would as least give a few people the ability to find the timetable times. I am not sure if it is just me but the "UK Bus Checker" app isn't showing any times within the next hour.

As this is a Stagecoach thread, I am aware that they do make thier own app which shows their own services but there is two big flaws with it. The tracking for live times isn't always accurate (as it will calculate evenings based on daytime journey times) and sorts on bus number rather than chonologically on the list.

I have had to resort to bustimes.org in the interim, which also has it's own quirks.

bustimes certainly does have it's own quirks-some buses which have been here for weeks eg 11548,some here for months eg 11510 have not made an appearance on there yet.

Have just within the past hour and a half seen 19234 ex Magic Bus,respendent in its new coat on the 379
Find all posts by this user
Spotted enviro 200 GG56 BLU (36073) in stockport bus station. Reckon this must be 1 of their oldest buses on the road now at 14yrs old.

Is withdrawal age for vehicles still 15/16 years old?

Also has anyone seen the small handful of ALX400 bodied deckers that stockport have got??? Not seen them for ages now except for a brief glimpse of 1 pulling out of the depot this afternoon.
(30/09/2020 20:24)33109 Wrote:  Spotted enviro 200 GG56 BLU (36073) in stockport bus station. Reckon this must be 1 of their oldest buses on the road now at 14yrs old.

Is withdrawal age for vehicles still 15/16 years old?

Also has anyone seen the small handful of ALX400 bodied deckers that stockport have got??? Not seen them for ages now except for a brief glimpse of 1 pulling out of the depot this afternoon.

The enviro 200 36073 is in Stockport for a number of specific duties, as for some routes it's the only bus suitable.

There is no real definitive withdrawal age as far as I'm aware, but I suppose buses age over time and eventually become uneconomical to fix. Most usually leave Manchester long before then, though some do hang around til death do us part.

A few ALX400's came back a while ago, but most have disappeared again now due to recent new arrivals. I think there are 2 left in Manchester, 18440 (VU06JCX) at Stockport, and 18441 (VU06JCY) at Hyde Road. They don't come out much these days though, just mainly as spares during the rush hour.
(30/09/2020 20:48)ace Wrote:  The enviro 200 36073 is in Stockport for a number of specific duties, as for some routes it's the only bus suitable.

There is no real definitive withdrawal age as far as I'm aware, but I suppose buses age over time and eventually become uneconomical to fix. Most usually leave Manchester long before then, though some do hang around til death do us part.

A few ALX400's came back a while ago, but most have disappeared again now due to recent new arrivals. I think there are 2 left in Manchester, 18440 (VU06JCX) at Stockport, and 18441 (VU06JCY) at Hyde Road. They don't come out much these days though, just mainly as spares during the rush hour.

Thanks for that gen.

I'm assuming as well that stagecoach aren't taking on new drivers at current. I've not seen any of the 3 ALX300 bodied single deckers move from round the back of hyde road in months now.
(30/09/2020 21:25)33109 Wrote:  Thanks for that gen.

I'm assuming as well that stagecoach aren't taking on new drivers at current. I've not seen any of the 3 ALX300 bodied single deckers move from round the back of hyde road in months now.

There not taking any drivers on and doubt that will change anytime soon. All the trainee drivers were laid off in April as DVSA wernt testing and stagecoach subsequently told them all they were no longer needed. Many drivers are working out of different depots because of a loss of work and I suppose it remains to be seen if any operators start to reduce evening services with this curfew etc.
(30/09/2020 23:59)Mayneway Wrote:  There not taking any drivers on and doubt that will change anytime soon. All the trainee drivers were laid off in April as DVSA wernt testing and stagecoach subsequently told them all they were no longer needed. Many drivers are working out of different depots because of a loss of work and I suppose it remains to be seen if any operators start to reduce evening services with this curfew etc.
Will any reductions to evenings be made though as the Covid Service Grant thing is still going so aren't operators no better or worse off by continuing to provide services. I'd think services are ok as well until about half 10-11pm (departing from Manchester) as people are partying in the streets now instead of bars so by the time people get to a bus, it should keep some buses ticking over.

The only area in Manchester I can see having reductions as a result of the curfew is the overnight buses. 43s, 192s, Magics but they are night buses not evenings (Unless that is what you meant, if it is, apologies). Reductions due to lack of staff however is being seen elsewhere so could it just be a matter of time before Manchesters high (more than every 10 mins) frequency services get a hit so that less frequent services are maintained.
Regarding the Tridents I saw one (unfortunatly didnt get the fleetnumber) out on X50 yesterday afternoon at about 13:25 as I was heading to work, unfortunatly for some reason they don't track on BusTimes at the moment so can't check which one it was, apparently there's supposedly quite a few at Hyde Road at the moment and I think there's at least one at Sharston.
(01/10/2020 05:34)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the Tridents I saw one (unfortunatly didnt get the fleetnumber) out on X50 yesterday afternoon at about 13:25 as I was heading to work, unfortunatly for some reason they don't track on BusTimes at the moment so can't check which one it was, apparently there's supposedly quite a few at Hyde Road at the moment and I think there's at least one at Sharston.

Cheers for that.

I know of the ALX400 bodied tridents I think there was 4 or maybe 5. Stockport have got 1 of em & I've seen another working driver training runs late last year from hyde road.

What are the oldest vehicles on the road now for manchester? 36073 (enviro 200 GG56 BLU) must be 1 of them, think there may possibly still be a few ex bluebird buses on the road too as I keep catching glimpses of buses with BLU on the end of their regs.

Actually thinking about it the ALX300 trainers at hyde rd must be getting on a bit now as well.
Aforementioned 18441 currently loading up in piccadilly Gardens for a 256 to Flixton. Just left at 12.20pm (1st October)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)