Current time: 24/04/2024, 15:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(09/07/2019 17:49)djb Wrote:  Just seen 10464 on an unusual 42b part route - Manchester to Cheadle Hulme, Albert road.

There's nowhere there for it to terminate or turn round?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/07/2019 19:40)gilbert Wrote:  There's nowhere there for it to terminate or turn round?

That’s what I thought. Can only assume if it wasn’t returning it turned right onto Turves road. Otherwise it might as well have continued to the pointing dog.
(09/07/2019 22:02)djb Wrote:  That’s what I thought. Can only assume if it wasn’t returning it turned right onto Turves road. Otherwise it might as well have continued to the pointing dog.

If it turned right onto Turves Rd,it wouldn't go into Albert Rd. There's only one bus stop in Albert Rd[each way]
(09/07/2019 22:34)gilbert Wrote:  If it turned right onto Turves Rd,it wouldn't go into Albert Rd. There's only one bus stop in Albert Rd[each way]

I think it’s probably close enough given you can see the entirety of Albert road from the turves road stop!
Something I forgot to mention is that it seems the Metrolink Replacement Service from Bury to Manchester has had a change of route and bus stop revised.

I had a ride on it from Bury-Manchester last Saturday and noticed the following:

Besses O'th Barn Stop is now on Bury New Road and not outside the Station on Bury Old Road

Prestwich Stop is now not outside the Metrolink Station its now Bury New Road outside Shopping Centre/Longfield Suite.

Also due to the closure of Ash Tree Road/Crescent Road over the weekend the Replacement Buses were having to go through North Manchester Hospital Grounds then out onto Crescent Road, Hazlebotton Road, Smedley Road, Queens Road and Cheetham Hill Road into Manchester.
Unusual sighting this afternoon whilst driving between Ormskirk & Southport, 10610 passed me at Scarisbrick, I'm assuming a private hire returning from Southport?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(14/07/2019 20:01)gka472l Wrote:  Unusual sighting this afternoon whilst driving between Ormskirk & Southport, 10610 passed me at Scarisbrick, I'm assuming a private hire returning from Southport?

Yes possibly, possibly, also could be a rail replacement on the Atherton Line.
12055 has returned to Manchester following long term VOR at Wigan and should be returning to service soon
(15/07/2019 13:52)Scania1996 Wrote:  12055 has returned to Manchester following long term VOR at Wigan and should be returning to service soon

That's two and a half years since it burn out.
Hyde Road Enviro's 19182, 19187 and 19188 are all now repainted back into Corporate livery and are back in service at HE (ex Magic Bus livery).

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)