Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(17/03/2019 21:08)Brickmill Wrote:  As the registration date is 28th not 29th ie we are now inside the 42 day notice period so, yes it can confirm ed as correct. Doubtless its proved impossible to run it punctually - on and then parallel to one of the most notorious stretches of the M60 for accidents and breakdowns; who'd av thowt it! I would imagine the possibilities X30 will be run by Stockport. At a guess Enviro200s will suffice with a pair transferred from AZ.

Can't understand the reason for it to be honest. Just seems like fixing a problem that was never actually a problem
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/03/2019 22:06)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  Can't understand the reason for it to be honest. Just seems like fixing a problem that was never actually a problem

This was it

Registration number PC0003681/623
Licence Number PC0003681
Variation number 0
Status New
Service number. X30, X30
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Stockport
Finish point World Freight Centre circular
Via
Date received 15 Mar 2019
Effective date 28 Apr 2019

And the information on the change with the 330 was mentioned by a known Ashton driver.
I dont see the point in the X30 as there the 199 is Manchester airport funding both routes?
It actually creates a regular express service linking Stockport with Manchester Airport every 15mins or so combining both 199 and current 330 timetables, as for the traffic issue the 199 has its own issues keeping to time between Buxton and Stockport, not sure a day goes by without some services on 199 runnning late.
(17/03/2019 22:06)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  Can't understand the reason for it to be honest. Just seems like fixing a problem that was never actually a problem
You've lost me; What was "never a problem'?
(18/03/2019 08:38)Brickmill Wrote:  You've lost me; What was "never a problem'?

So few problems, so many solutions LOL
(18/03/2019 02:27)Mrboo Wrote:  I dont see the point in the X30 as there the 199 is Manchester airport funding both routes?

I see quite a lot of 330's on the motorway when I'm doing X5's going the other way and they do carry quite a few passengers now to the airport. Issue is you can have quite a few issues in one day on the motorway that completely mess timings up so it does kind of make sense to split it, I just wonder if stagecoach are going to garrentee some kind of connection at Stockport.
(18/03/2019 11:15)Mayneway Wrote:  I see quite a lot of 330's on the motorway when I'm doing X5's going the other way and they do carry quite a few passengers now to the airport. Issue is you can have quite a few issues in one day on the motorway that completely mess timings up so it does kind of make sense to split it, I just wonder if stagecoach are going to garrentee some kind of connection at Stockport.

I would doubt it as the 330 reverts back to the high frequency timetable with even the late evening service from Stockport to Ashton running every 30 minutes.
(18/03/2019 11:15)Mayneway Wrote:  I see quite a lot of 330's on the motorway when I'm doing X5's going the other way and they do carry quite a few passengers now to the airport. Issue is you can have quite a few issues in one day on the motorway that completely mess timings up so it does kind of make sense to split it, I just wonder if stagecoach are going to garrentee some kind of connection at Stockport.

I've been on the 330 Stockport-Airport section a few times, mostly around 15.30 on a weekday, most of the time, it's either, i'm the only passenger on, or couple of others are on[still it wouldn't fill a solo], not sure what the peak loadings are like though.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(18/03/2019 15:04)MTL0201 Wrote:  I've been on the 330 Stockport-Airport section a few times, mostly around 15.30 on a weekday, most of the time, it's either, i'm the only passenger on, or couple of others are on[still it wouldn't fill a solo], not sure what the peak loadings are like though.

Just a matter of what Stockport depot put on (assuming they will do X30). Currently Sunday 330s from Stockport to Airport carry quite a few passengers but I don't know what the frequency of buses will be on X30.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)