Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(08/03/2019 09:19)Southernsofty Wrote:  Might work the other way round, If (and I know it's not certain or how the grants would be doled out) Coach operators inside Greater Manchester are given money by TfGM to upgrade some or all of their coaches to Euro 6, then coach companies outside Greater Manchester will be at a disadvantage and may just say 'It's not worth our while bidding for work inside Manchester'.
I know that down in the South East, some coach companies have already decided to turn down work in London (Partly to be fair because of parking issues), or explained to potential customers that there will be an extra charge to cover the cost of the daily fine.
I note the comment about Motorways being exempt, presumably Manchester Airport won't be exempt?
With Internet parcel deliveries, the firms who own the vans themselves usually have modern fleets that are Euro 6 already or very soon, the ones that use self employed owner drivers don't care anyway -'Not their problem'!
Big Delivery companies have modern vehicles and can afford to buy/lease new every year or switch trucks around from other regions.

I can't see TfGM paying anything to coach ops. 1. It would be GMCA. 2. They are asking for Whitehall to pay the full cost. 3. Coach es hardly provide an essential service - most aren't even DDA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
For anyone interested, PrettyLittleThing advert 19499 has now had a pink front applied to the livery after previously being in corporate livery on the front panels.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ps_bus_dri...412729773/
Can bet a few of the drivers are possibly just a tad embarrassed driving about in a bright pink double decker!
(16/03/2019 00:05)33109 Wrote:  Can bet a few of the drivers are possibly just a tad embarrassed driving about in a bright pink double decker!

That thing is ghastly
(16/03/2019 10:27)acocker96 Wrote:  That thing is ghastly

Nothing like as ghastly as the 330 route branding.
(16/03/2019 11:00)gilbert Wrote:  Nothing like as ghastly as the 330 route branding.

100% agree with you there.
(16/03/2019 11:00)gilbert Wrote:  Nothing like as ghastly as the 330 route branding.

Fair enough, even worse when those MMC’s end up on non-330 routes in Piccadilly like the 216 and 231.
(16/03/2019 21:17)acocker96 Wrote:  Fair enough, even worse when those MMC’s end up on non-330 routes in Piccadilly like the 216 and 231.

All of the 12 buses with 330 branding are set to vanish soon. As for the 330 route to split into two on the 28th April.
- 330 to revert back to the original route between Ashton - Stockport
- New X30 route between Stockport - Airport World Freight terminal.
(17/03/2019 12:17)Benzo Wrote:  All of the 12 buses with 330 branding are set to vanish soon. As for the 330 route to split into two on the 28th April.
- 330 to revert back to the original route between Ashton - Stockport
- New X30 route between Stockport - Airport World Freight terminal.

Is this true. Where did you hear it? I can't see Ashton depot doing the X30. It would probably be done by Sharston or Stockport.
(17/03/2019 19:58)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  Is this true. Where did you hear it? I can't see Ashton depot doing the X30. It would probably be done by Sharston or Stockport.

As the registration date is 28th not 29th ie we are now inside the 42 day notice period so, yes it can confirm ed as correct. Doubtless its proved impossible to run it punctually - on and then parallel to one of the most notorious stretches of the M60 for accidents and breakdowns; who'd av thowt it! I would imagine the possibilities X30 will be run by Stockport. At a guess Enviro200s will suffice with a pair transferred from AZ.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)