Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(07/02/2019 04:15)Brickmill Wrote:  Thanks for clarifying the bid being part of the application for 105 such buses. Obviously, the 43 will be one route but that doesn't leave much left. The question is, how will this affect the declared intent to move remaining low emission buses to other south M' cr, Trafford and Salford routes?

Thinking laterally, this could be part of the logic behind the new Ashton - Trafford Centre service going to Sharston rather than Hyde Road. I've asked my son, a Sharston driver, to see if he can find anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/02/2019 20:38)EDB325 Wrote:  Thinking laterally, this could be part of the logic behind the new Ashton - Trafford Centre service going to Sharston rather than Hyde Road. I've asked my son, a Sharston driver, to see if he can find anything.

Its actually Hyde to the Trafford Centre, but I've just been chatting to a former Stagecoach driver, and we agree we just don't understand why this route runs beyond Gorton.
My lad informs me that an autonomous Enviro 200 arrived for trial at Sharston yesterday. The theory is that the driver will leave it at the gate, and it will then park itself.

He thinks he might be able to get me in to see it this evening (only parked up though) so more tonight hopefully.

On edit, won't be able to investigate until next week
(08/02/2019 08:47)EDB325 Wrote:  My lad informs me that an autonomous Enviro 200 arrived for trial at Sharston yesterday. The theory is that the driver will leave it at the gate, and it will then park itself.

He thinks he might be able to get me in to see it this evening (only parked up though) so more tonight hopefully.

On edit, won't be able to investigate until next week

Yeah it's a self parking bus I was told and is at Sharston for extensive trials but won't be used in service.

Wonder if it will be given a fleetnumber?
(07/02/2019 09:52)Brickmill Wrote:  Notwithstanding the word waste, 42 & 43 are identical between Withington and Piccadilly so no difference in terms of Inter city work. Besides the Clean Air Act doesn't discriminate on the basis of straight demographic s. Also, Sharston is quoted as the sole recipient depot. 42 group is run by Hyde Road and 192 by Stockport.

I wonder whether routes 42 & 50 will swap garages back, so that route 42 runs from Sharston and route 50 from Hyde Road? Due to the 42a/b variants I think the other electric route will indeed be route 50.
(09/02/2019 12:37)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether routes 42 & 50 will swap garages back, so that route 42 runs from Sharston and route 50 from Hyde Road? Due to the 42a/b variants I think the other electric route will indeed be route 50.

Apparently, all 32 would run from Sharston, so on that basis there would be no point in transferring it back to HE. Besides, the PVR of the 50 is too high (by about 5 buses) and it is believed that, somehow, the other e-bus route will serve Piccadilly Rail Station. Modified 147?
(17/10/2018 20:59)Brickmill Wrote:  is it mainly the original batch (12027-56) that is vulnerable to this problem? More generally, are the different batches subject to different Euro ratings in terms of emissions? I ask as I'm trying to workout why a proposed "ULEZ" in the centre of Manchester would ban 70% of all buses, given that the combined total of Hybrids and Euro6s in GM comes to 35%, based on TFGM figures.

Returning to this following yesterday s announcement and the BBC'S usual awful reporting. Can someone PLEASE detail the Euro rating / Emission standards for the Hybrid buses currently running in GM? Or at the very least advise what the difference is between SGM 12108-27 and 12180 upwards?
Enviro's 19462 at Sharston and 19499 at Hyde Road both have all-over adverts applied for PrettyLittleThing.com and are pink with Unicorns on them.

Also 19478 at Hyde Road has an advert for Tu Clothing at Sainsbury's.
(27/02/2019 07:38)Brickmill Wrote:  Returning to this following yesterday s announcement and the BBC'S usual awful reporting. Can someone PLEASE detail the Euro rating / Emission standards for the Hybrid buses currently running in GM? Or at the very least advise what the difference is between SGM 12108-27 and 12180 upwards?

Really not sure on the older ones (I am interested as well) but 12258 SN63VTX (the one that has come from Alexander Dennis this week, ex demo 80022) is apparently a Euro6 Enviro400H - Not sure if it has been modified since it was built or not but is reportedly Euro6 now.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(04/03/2019 23:16)buses7675 Wrote:  Really not sure on the older ones (I am interested as well) but 12258 SN63VTX (the one that has come from Alexander Dennis this week, ex demo 80022) is apparently a Euro6 Enviro400H - Not sure if it has been modified since it was built or not but is reportedly Euro6 now.

Interestingly its come to replace a burnt example as part of an insurance payout and is to standard Stagecoach specification, presume this was built to test out Euro 6 Hybrid Engines at ADL.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)