Current time: 25/04/2024, 21:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(23/12/2018 07:32)M60lad Wrote:  I do believe from an Ashton Driver I know that Ashton Depot are short of vehicles at the moment for some reason so loans are coming from various depot's, I do believe 183 has had some odd allocations recently.

Yeah think they got a couple from Sharston and a couple from Hyde road.
Quite a few of Ashton's are long term VOR so have been towed to Sharston to try and speed up repairs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/12/2018 19:59)SF07 Wrote:  From VOSA today, it looks like we have a partial replacement to service 168, including an unexpected route linking Tameside and intu Trafford Centre (presumably 201 route between Hyde and Gorton, then 168 route to Chorlton before continuing to Trafford Centre).

Also, seems to suggest that the 7A Sunday service will be re-routed to cover the 168 between Gorton and Drolysden (presumably to/from Ashton instead of Denton), while evening/Sunday journeys on service 231 will be extended to Ashton and re-numbered 230.

PC0003681/611 Registered
GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD
Route: Hyde to intu Trafford Centre
Service number: 150 (150)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 27 Jan 2019
Service introduced. Evening and Sunday journeys provided on service 150 on assumption of support transferring from service 168 between Belle Vue and Chorlton. Correction to MF morning journeys and daily evening journeys retimed

PC0003681/59 Registered
Route: Ashton to Stockport
Service number: 7 (7, 7A)
Timetable revised. Sunday journeys provided on service 7A on assumption of support transferring from service 168 between Droylsden and Gorton

PC0003681/217 Registered
Route: Manchester to Littlemoss/Ashton
Service number: 231 (231, 230)
Timetable revised. Evening and Sunday journeys provided on service 230 on assumption of support transferring from service 168 between Littlemoss and Ashton

Judging by the wording of the registrations these decisions have been taken by Stagecoach and not tfgm. Be interesting to see what would happen if tfgm refused to transfer support.
(22/12/2018 11:19)EDB325 Wrote:  My son, who drives at Sharston, tells me the 150 is to be operated by them, rather than Hyde Road as one would logically expect. VOSA mention Sundays and evenings - I'd expect the opening hours of the mall to have some bearing on schedules.

Can't see tfgm supporting a service to the Trafford centre during 'normal hours'. Stagecoach basically want to drop one service which includes an evening and Sunday supported service and replace it with 3 others on the face of it.
(23/12/2018 11:37)Mayneway Wrote:  Can't see tfgm supporting a service to the Trafford centre during 'normal hours'. Stagecoach basically want to drop one service which includes an evening and Sunday supported service and replace it with 3 others on the face of it.

Any support would be based purely on the sections covering the existing 168 route and will be the same or less subsidy than on the current equivalent contract s. I noticed Intu submitted evidence to the recent parliamentary enquiry into the bus market saying they supported improve d bus services especially for their staff so maybe they are contributing,.,
(23/12/2018 11:33)Mayneway Wrote:  Yeah think they got a couple from Sharston and a couple from Hyde road.
Quite a few of Ashton's are long term VOR so have been towed to Sharston to try and speed up repairs.

Which ones please?
(23/12/2018 18:16)gilbert Wrote:  Which ones please?

Couldn't tell you sorry. A non enthusiast mate of mine is a fitter at Sharston and mentioned it to me last week. Think the plan is to have them back on road at Ashton next week.
Rainbow RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Yet again, nice little story in the MEN about the only 4 drivers working on Christmas day in greater manchester

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...y-15573895
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/12/2018 13:43)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Yet again, nice little story in the MEN about the only 4 drivers working on Christmas day in greater manchester

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...y-15573895

Same story they run every year.
(25/12/2018 14:36)Mayneway Wrote:  Same story they run every year.

And they are not doing it for Love they be very happy with the hour rate there on.
(25/12/2018 14:58)Mrboo Wrote:  And they are not doing it for Love they be very happy with the hour rate there on.

Exactly. I believe there's a long list of drivers volenteering to work on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day but fair play for them all for doing it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)