Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/12/2018 05:30)Mrboo Wrote:  they would keep hyde road open as no way you can close A57 but most likely they will keep all open and just put in temp lanes and lights and do like what they do with new motorway work and do one side at time it would not really make much of a jam as hyde road is single lane anyway assissss few yards up road it just turning into reddish lane that the issue. taking 203 off hyde road would help. and it only really locals from Gorton to Reddish that loses 203 sor 7 could cover.

In the absence of any. Info from M,cr CC I wish I shared your confidence that the road would stay open throughout. As for only really us locals being affected, the 7 route doesn't go anywhere near North Reddish - and is barely hourly at peak times anyway - so you are looking at over a mile of Reddish Rd/Gorton Rd unserved. What gets me is that these work s are regarded as a "Manchester" problem but in reality it is a far bigger problem for Tameside and Stockport road users
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/12/2018 07:48)Brickmill Wrote:  In the absence of any. Info from M,cr CC I wish I shared your confidence that the road would stay open throughout. As for only really us locals being affected, the 7 route doesn't go anywhere near North Reddish - and is barely hourly at peak times anyway - so you are looking at over a mile of Reddish Rd/Gorton Rd unserved. What gets me is that these work s are regarded as a "Manchester" problem but in reality it is a far bigger problem for Tameside and Stockport road users

The reason I sed about a part route 203 as that could go to Stockport from Bulls head but 42A would still offer service to link up with 203.
(21/12/2018 09:46)Mrboo Wrote:  The reason I sed about a part route 203 as that could go to Stockport from Bulls head but 42A would still offer service to link up with 203.

The 42A also terminates at the Bulls Head and is also every 30 at best. Further peak punctual ity is awful at the Stockport MB C end. I don't see any justification in changing the basic service if there is no physical barrier. Have any other routes been truncated or timetables reduced as. a result of all the other roadworks Stagecoach have been complaining about? The only thing is that these work s almost certainly won't happen until 2020 so there is time to work out a solution. Who knows, Bus Reform might be back on the agenda by then .
From VOSA today, it looks like we have a partial replacement to service 168, including an unexpected route linking Tameside and intu Trafford Centre (presumably 201 route between Hyde and Gorton, then 168 route to Chorlton before continuing to Trafford Centre).

Also, seems to suggest that the 7A Sunday service will be re-routed to cover the 168 between Gorton and Drolysden (presumably to/from Ashton instead of Denton), while evening/Sunday journeys on service 231 will be extended to Ashton and re-numbered 230.

PC0003681/611 Registered
GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD
Route: Hyde to intu Trafford Centre
Service number: 150 (150)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 27 Jan 2019
Service introduced. Evening and Sunday journeys provided on service 150 on assumption of support transferring from service 168 between Belle Vue and Chorlton. Correction to MF morning journeys and daily evening journeys retimed

PC0003681/59 Registered
Route: Ashton to Stockport
Service number: 7 (7, 7A)
Timetable revised. Sunday journeys provided on service 7A on assumption of support transferring from service 168 between Droylsden and Gorton

PC0003681/217 Registered
Route: Manchester to Littlemoss/Ashton
Service number: 231 (231, 230)
Timetable revised. Evening and Sunday journeys provided on service 230 on assumption of support transferring from service 168 between Littlemoss and Ashton
(21/12/2018 19:59)SF07 Wrote:  From VOSA today, it looks like we have a partial replacement to service 168, including an unexpected route linking Tameside and intu Trafford Centre (presumably 201 route between Hyde and Gorton, then 168 route to Chorlton before continuing to Trafford Centre).

Also, seems to suggest that the 7A Sunday service will be re-routed to cover the 168 between Gorton and Drolysden (presumably to/from Ashton instead of Denton), while evening/Sunday journeys on service 231 will be extended to Ashton and re-numbered 230.

You are right in principle about 7A but it will only run from Stockport to Droylsden. Dane Bank to Denton town centre replaced by extending 205s as M-Sa daytime route.
1> How often will this new 150 route run and is it a daytime route only the registration isn't that clear to me?

2> What is 230 evening route and where is it planned to run to/from? I'm guessing its running to/from Ashton but where to?
(22/12/2018 06:47)M60lad Wrote:  1> How often will this new 150 route run and is it a daytime route only the registration isn't that clear to me?

2> What is 230 evening route and where is it planned to run to/from? I'm guessing its running to/from Ashton but where to?

My son, who drives at Sharston, tells me the 150 is to be operated by them, rather than Hyde Road as one would logically expect. VOSA mention Sundays and evenings - I'd expect the opening hours of the mall to have some bearing on schedules.
I saw 10411 from Sharston depot in Gee Cross on 330 route around 12. I'm assuming this is on loan.
(22/12/2018 13:32)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  I saw 10411 from Sharston depot in Gee Cross on 330 route around 12. I'm assuming this is on loan.

There's been a couple of swaps apparently. A couple of Ashton buses turned up at Sharston last week courtesy of a Mansfield tow, sharston immediately dispatched a couple of buses the other way, I think one is possibly a magic bus.
I do believe from an Ashton Driver I know that Ashton Depot are short of vehicles at the moment for some reason so loans are coming from various depot's, I do believe 183 has had some odd allocations recently.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)