Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Considering the 168 could often fill a decker from Ashton, even when there was still the combined 15 minute service with the 169, the use of Enviro200s is questionable. Surely there's some spare deckers lying in the yard at Wigan to use?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/04/2018 13:14)joe_alker Wrote:  Considering the 168 could often fill a decker from Ashton, even when there was still the combined 15 minute service with the 169, the use of Enviro200s is questionable. Surely there's some spare deckers lying in the yard at Wigan to use?

I agree. They tried using MANs a few years ago and it didn't go well.
Judging by the latest fleet card they simply have too many Enviro200's surplus to requirements. Incidentally Ashton is once again using Enviro200's on the 236 again not the best idea!
Very few Stagecoach Manchester routes lend themselves to single decker operation to be honest
I saw 36417 on route 168 and 36481 on route 172 today. I wonder whether either route, or any others, have been reallocated on April 8th?

I saw 2 11s both Enviro400 today. Some have often appeared anyway, but I wonder whether these are the regular type now that so much less of the route is duplicated by route 11a?
Yes I've been meaning to mention this that ever since the recent changes that 11 now sees more double deckers on it than it did before, I think this is due to the Enviro200s that have gone to Sharston for extra 168s.
19249 just seen in Grove Lane,Cheadle Hulme on the 42B heading for Woodford
MX09KTO has been dedicated by the Stagecoach Manchester staff to the 22 victims of the Manchester Arena attack as well as the survivors

[Image: 42298170931_923f9e5157_b.jpg]
Stagecoach Manchester MX09KTO "Manchester Together" by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

[Image: 42298168711_72a13e00a6_b.jpg]

[Image: 27429251627_2d51c89f70_b.jpg]
(23/05/2018 12:55)mikemcniven Wrote:  MX09KTO has been dedicated by the Stagecoach Manchester staff to the 22 victims of the Manchester Arena attack as well as the survivors

First Manchester (Rusholme) have also done a similar thing with one of their Enviro 400's
I have just seen 12025 on route 42a in Heaton Moor heading to Piccadilly with full digital display for route 42b instead, including Cheadle as a via point.
Just seen 19364 parked by the Victorian Pub in Bramhall off the main road.Hard to see whether it was broken down or not-seemed to be possibly on 42B though Ack Lane East is not on route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)