Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(14/02/2018 23:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  If that is the case I would assume that contributions from Central Hospitals Trust has ended (due to government cuts) and the service will be partially private funded by the other parties currently involved in the 147 (UoM, MMU and RCNM). But that's just my personal assumption.

I read somewhere (so this is entirely speculation as I can’t find the source), that the partners asked tfgm to put the service out to tender, and stagecoach immediately registered the variation commercially. What I can’t remember is any details of what this means for free travel for students and nhs fares, or whether it uses the boulevard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/02/2018 22:49)gilbert Wrote:  It seems months since any fleet changes of any consequence took place in Manchester

The only fleet changes for Period 10, as reported on Facebook:

36416 MX11 HGE reserve to Stockport
36417 MX11 HGF reserve to Stockport
36418 MX11 HGG reserve to Stockport
(14/02/2018 23:26)Mayneway Wrote:  237 evening/Sunday are what a Stagecoach driver mentioned to me they have supposedly lost to MCT.

Hardly surprising regarding the other services you mention though as these are/were First Pioneer (Dukinfield) services. When it was first announced that First were closing the depot down a lot of people said they weren't really interested in Tameside anymore and this kind of proves it.

237 registration now on VOSA today. MCT have also gained another service from Stagecoach, which is the 96.

PC0005332/116 Registered
MANCHESTER COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LIMITED
Route: GLOSSOP TOWN CENTRE to ASHTON BUS STATION via STALYBRIDGE
Service number: 237
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 08 Apr 2018
2 Stagecoach Manchester Buses are currently off the road and out of service after being involved in a collision on Auytoun Street this morng, 1 of Hyde Roads MMC400s (10487) has run into the back of one of Stockport's 192 branded Hybrid Enviro400s (12217), looking at pictures 10487 has sustained a full shattered windscreen stretching from top to bottom (guessing it might either need a new front end or new windscreens both upstairs and downstairs)

Both vehicles apparently being towed away (not to sure where to) by Mansfields for further investigation/examination I'm guessing
(07/03/2018 09:26)M60lad Wrote:  2 Stagecoach Manchester Buses are currently off the road and out of service after being involved in a collision on Auytoun Street this morng, 1 of Hyde Roads MMC400s (10487) has run into the back of one of Stockport's 192 branded Hybrid Enviro400s (12217), looking at pictures 10487 has sustained a full shattered windscreen stretching from top to bottom (guessing it might either need a new front end or new windscreens both upstairs and downstairs)

Both vehicles apparently being towed away (not to sure where to) by Mansfields for further investigation/examination I'm guessing

Yep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-man...r-43313696

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
On looking at Evening News website it was actually 12207 that was involved and not 12217 as I originally put, guessing these 2 will be out of action for a while while repairs/investigations are carried out with other vehicles in the fleet replacing them.
10014 was in use on Hyde Road services yesterday afternoon (201/203), complete with Lancaster branding.
Hyde road operating all Ashton services today and possibly into next week due to a major fire last night at the mill adjacent to Ashton depot. All roads around the area are closed as the mill collapsed into several roads.

Should turn up some interesting workings!
Well that's going to play havoc on Monday - I doubt stagecoach have an entire depots worth of spare buses
(18/03/2018 11:40)joe_alker Wrote:  Well that's going to play havoc on Monday - I doubt stagecoach have an entire depots worth of spare buses

It's not just that though there's timing issues. Drivers sign on at depot and have 10 minutes to get from depot to bus station to start service. Obviously hyde road to Ashton in 10 minutes isn't possible so could be some major planning going on this afternoon. Obviously all depends how long Ashton depot is closed off but from the pics I've seen of the mill it won't be tomorrow.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)