Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(19/12/2017 21:33)gilbert Wrote:  They're not in reserve AFAIA.

Steven Knights latest list has 19355 at both Stockport and Hyde Rd!!

There are currently no (diesel) Enviro400s in reserve. 19165-8 were repainted into corporate livery (ex MagicBus) and transferred to the main fleet at HE some months ago. The Euro3 Enviro400s are being nomadic, with some moves listed on FleetCards yet to happen. Similarly, I think 19355 is due to move from HE to ST.
What is confusing is the Enviro200 situation. The October service changes seem to have made 5 buses redundant (at ST), but whilst 5 x 59 reg have officially gone in reserve (on top of 5 transferred out; 36096-9/107), 3x 11 regs have also gone in reserve, despite 8x 59 regs remaining in service!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anything 59 reg is only 8 years old so withdrawal or similar is many years away. Stuff isn't withdrawn till about 15yrs old.
Single decker 36105 surprisingly turned up on the 42B this morning.
(21/12/2017 13:12)33109 Wrote:  Anything 59 reg is only 8 years old so withdrawal or similar is many years away. Stuff isn't withdrawn till about 15yrs old.

Perhaps I should have said "remain in service, *here*". I was/am wondering why 11 regs are in reserve, whilst 59s are still in service - and my calculations didn't include 36105 mentioned below. Often, such "young" buses are in reserve to be prepared for cascade to other Stagecoach companies. FTR, I suspect 36106 is still in service at HE.
4 wonderful drivers out today providing a much needed service.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...y-14069207
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/12/2017 22:06)Brickmill Wrote:  There are currently no (diesel) Enviro400s in reserve. 19165-8 were repainted into corporate livery (ex MagicBus) and transferred to the main fleet at HE some months ago. The Euro3 Enviro400s are being nomadic, with some moves listed on FleetCards yet to happen. Similarly, I think 19355 is due to move from HE to ST.
What is confusing is the Enviro200 situation. The October service changes seem to have made 5 buses redundant (at ST), but whilst 5 x 59 reg have officially gone in reserve (on top of 5 transferred out; 36096-9/107), 3x 11 regs have also gone in reserve, despite 8x 59 regs remaining in service!

Just had an e-mail reminding me that there seem to be more questions about the status of the fleet than for many years. There are many MANs that have still not left Wigan (and HE) despite being sold to PVS many months ago. There are now reports of ex Bluebird Enviro 300s 27598-600 supposedly transferring to Scotland in November, but at least 27598 was seen in service at the end of that month. That's on top of the Enviro200 queries above, on/off reallocations of early Enviro400s, Primos & B7RLEs that have been "sold" and not gone and ...Tridents 17612, 18148 & 18290.
(18/12/2017 17:01)Brickmill Wrote:  I assume you mean MegaRiders (£15) when referring to the area covered. It equates to about 13 litres of diesel at the pumps, which is probably 100+ miles worth for a careful driver of a small car. So yes, if you are travelling 10 miles to work each day, and would have to pay for parking, its probably a reasonable deal. However, the average peak hour speed for Stagecoach Manchester buses is about 7-8 mph, wheras driving is probably twice as fast (or more in the suburbs). Not such a good deal away from the city where journeys are generally shorter (in distance) and parking usually free or cheap. DayRiders at £4.50 are less value and certainly for off-peak compare badly with petrol/parking and where applicable, Rail or Metrolink services. The network isn't *that* big either when you take into account journey speeds (often below 10 mph even off-peak) and increasing poor punctuality on "frequent" services. Certainly, far less value than say, 5 years ago, never mind 30.

IIRC Megariders rose from £9 to £10 in 2009. There may have been larger than average fuel price rises at the time. Even so, we have had nowhere near 50% inflation since 2009.
Last Sunday, New Year's Eve, route 42a was covered by 19632 at least late morning. It is usually Solo or occasionally Enviro 200 on Sundays. Maybe it was to compensate a driver for not being rostered for a double-deck run the following day?
(06/01/2018 21:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Last Sunday, New Year's Eve, route 42a was covered by 19632 at least late morning. It is usually Solo or occasionally Enviro 200 on Sundays. Maybe it was to compensate a driver for not being rostered for a double-deck run the following day?

I think the idea that any bus will do counts double over school holidays; Hyde Road have been running MagicBuses on the 42A over Christmas (its supposed to be a hybrid route!). Magics have also appeared on all day 201s (and probably 203s) with a 76 branded bus regularly appearing on the 1700, 205. This is a step up in quality though as the seat cushions will have had only 5 years of average loadings, wheras most Enviro400s at Hyde Road have had c.9 years of constant wear and tear. A fortnight ago today, the 203 was almost completely MMC free, but today it not only seemed to have a full complement but at least three of them were X50 branded examples!
(06/01/2018 21:20)Brickmill Wrote:  I think the idea that any bus will do counts double over school holidays; Hyde Road have been running MagicBuses on the 42A over Christmas (its supposed to be a hybrid route!). Magics have also appeared on all day 201s (and probably 203s) with a 76 branded bus regularly appearing on the 1700, 205. This is a step up in quality though as the seat cushions will have had only 5 years of average loadings, wheras most Enviro400s at Hyde Road have had c.9 years of constant wear and tear. A fortnight ago today, the 203 was almost completely MMC free, but today it not only seemed to have a full complement but at least three of them were X50 branded examples!

On a tongue-in-cheek note, it's as if over the festive season, bus allocations are decided by Father Christmas. Laugh

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)