Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Just seen what looked like Wright Gemini-bodied buses parked up in Bryn, looked white at the back. Anyone know what these are?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Still not a bad price considering the area stagecoach cover. Also personally I'm really happy to see they've seen sense with regards dog fares & made it £1 for the day rather than £1 per journey which got pretty expensive.
(18/12/2017 11:27)33109 Wrote:  Still not a bad price considering the area stagecoach cover. Also personally I'm really happy to see they've seen sense with regards dog fares & made it £1 for the day rather than £1 per journey which got pretty expensive.

Or just make dogs go free like arriva unless the owner allows it on a seat then they have to pay full adult fare.
I've no quibble paying for my dog. £1 for the whole day is much better value than racking up fares for a dog per journey.
(18/12/2017 11:27)33109 Wrote:  Still not a bad price considering the area stagecoach cover. Also personally I'm really happy to see they've seen sense with regards dog fares & made it £1 for the day rather than £1 per journey which got pretty expensive.

I assume you mean MegaRiders (£15) when referring to the area covered. It equates to about 13 litres of diesel at the pumps, which is probably 100+ miles worth for a careful driver of a small car. So yes, if you are travelling 10 miles to work each day, and would have to pay for parking, its probably a reasonable deal. However, the average peak hour speed for Stagecoach Manchester buses is about 7-8 mph, wheras driving is probably twice as fast (or more in the suburbs). Not such a good deal away from the city where journeys are generally shorter (in distance) and parking usually free or cheap. DayRiders at £4.50 are less value and certainly for off-peak compare badly with petrol/parking and where applicable, Rail or Metrolink services. The network isn't *that* big either when you take into account journey speeds (often below 10 mph even off-peak) and increasing poor punctuality on "frequent" services. Certainly, far less value than say, 5 years ago, never mind 30.
Noticed today at picc gardens that hyde road have got some of their reserve deckers on the road.

Saw both 19165 & 19166. Fleetlist book I've got shows 19165-19168 as in reserve. Any particular reason for this?
(19/12/2017 21:09)33109 Wrote:  Noticed today at picc gardens that hyde road have got some of their reserve deckers on the road.

Saw both 19165 & 19166. Fleetlist book I've got shows 19165-19168 as in reserve. Any particular reason for this?

They're not in reserve AFAIA.

Steven Knights latest list has 19355 at both Stockport and Hyde Rd!!
List I use is from ST publications, might be an error on their part then.

Are any of the enviro 400 fleet in store ATM or are they all on the road?
(19/12/2017 21:33)gilbert Wrote:  They're not in reserve AFAIA.

Steven Knights latest list has 19355 at both Stockport and Hyde Rd!!
Michael Bonwick has the official fleetcard on his site, will hopefully have the current one available in a few days:

http://mbonwick.cu.cc/SCNW/Fleetcards/in...?dir=17%2F
19168 was in Piccadilly today but had ''not in service'' on the front

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)