Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(24/07/2017 20:48)Dentonian Wrote:  A contact informs me it was still there at 1305-1310, however these two are the only reports of it being seen at all! No reports of it actually running in service.

FTR, I understand that 203s were reporting delays of 20-25 minutes late in/around Stockport this morning - along with the usual suspects; 330 and anything coming through Bredbury. When I looked at the AA Roadwatch app around 0915, it indicated Lancashire Hill and Gt. Egerton Street were clogged up (about 1 km in total), but otherwise just the odd 50 metre stretch here and there were in red.

It definitely did 192&203 (and presumably 216 if it made it to ashton). Not sure what happened later in the day though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/07/2017 20:33)Mayneway Wrote:  Caught the tail end of a stagecoach advert today on way to work on local radio that seemed to suggest they had a special offer on and all adult single fares between 7pm and midnight are no more than £2?? Presumably this is across the network as it didn't mention specific services.
Anyone know anything about it?

The only problem with this for some is the lack of buses.
(24/07/2017 20:48)Dentonian Wrote:  A contact informs me it was still there at 1305-1310, however these two are the only reports of it being seen at all! No reports of it actually running in service.

FTR, I understand that 203s were reporting delays of 20-25 minutes late in/around Stockport this morning - along with the usual suspects; 330 and anything coming through Bredbury. When I looked at the AA Roadwatch app around 0915, it indicated Lancashire Hill and Gt. Egerton Street were clogged up (about 1 km in total), but otherwise just the odd 50 metre stretch here and there were in red.

A number of photos on the stagecoach enthusiasts Facebook page confirm it did run to and from Ashton on the 216. Oddly it seemed to load in Ashton on the 330 stand not the normal 216 stand.

Later in the day it did an X50/250 as there were photos of it at the Trafford Centre bus station.
I saw 19270 on the M60 doing the 330 from the airport yesterday and ex Magic 19165 on the 42B today
Not to sure what's going on with allocations at the moment but a few odd allocations yesterday:

192 branded Hybrid Enviro400 ON 256
330 branded MMC400 on X50 last night, first time I thing one of these has been to Trafford Centre
(26/07/2017 06:12)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure what's going on with allocations at the moment but a few odd allocations yesterday:

330 branded MMC400 on X50 last night, first time I thing one of these has been to Trafford Centre

There apparently working out of hyde road as both were seen parked up late last night within hyde road.
(25/07/2017 11:06)Mayneway Wrote:  A number of photos on the stagecoach enthusiasts Facebook page confirm it did run to and from Ashton on the 216. Oddly it seemed to load in Ashton on the 330 stand not the normal 216 stand.

Later in the day it did an X50/250 as there were photos of it at the Trafford Centre bus station.

Obs from Monday in relation to various comments :
Stockport AM peak - The Town Centre was reasonably traffic free and moving, however 203/330 etc were suffering coming in from the east, with traffic very slowing moving into town, until about 0915 when it all miraculously cleared. The OT did the 203 from the Bus Station to MP, then the 192 short to Lloyd Road, returning to MP, but then running ECS via Stevenson Sq to gain the 216 pick up stop. Then up to Ashton for a meal relief. No idea what went on up there. Back to MP and then ran a 1500 return journey from MP on the 250 to the Trafford Centre and back. All fairly lightly loaded on the journeys I saw, except the 250 towards the TC, which was quite busy.
(26/07/2017 19:04)Dentonian Wrote:  HE are running the Lloyd Road shorts on the 192, so are using a handful of ST Enviro400s (both diesels and hybrids). Its not known if they are specific vehicles on loan for the Summer hols, or whether they will change regularly. I've also heard they are using Middleton and possibly even Wigan 191xx s, though again whether they are just ad hoc loans, I don't know. Using a 330 branded MMC is just daft - not least because Tameside schools don't break up until this weekend.

According to a driver on the enthusiasts group on Facebook, hyde road are short of buses so apart from the ST loans which should be to cover 192 shorts which Hyde road are running anything from other depots are short term (possibly daily) loans.
(26/07/2017 19:05)Dentonian Wrote:  Took me a while to work out MP was Piccadilly, so I'm not even going to try and guess what ECS means.

I presumed it meant "empty coaching stock" - railwayspeak for "not in service".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/07/2017 06:12)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure what's going on with allocations at the moment but a few odd allocations yesterday:

Spotted 192-branded E400H 12180 on the 256 this afternoon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)