Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(30/01/2017 22:33)ant17612 Wrote:  MMC's for Middleton is surely some sort of a wind up! Once again the operations are unbelievably poor and do not warrant new buses!

It's catch 22 though. Are you saying that because services run by Middleton, serving some of the poorest parts of Manchester arnt as good as services run by other stagecoach Manchester depots then they shouldn't bother investing in new buses at all there?

This has in the past been Firsts big mistake espically at Wigan and Bury. They threw some investment at the golden eggs but Wigan saw practically no investment at all, it was like a very poor relation to Oldham and queens road and look what happened. They flogged it off cheap because it wasn't making money and would have cost too much to modernise and put right.

Also don't forget they took over Wigan and Middleton at around the same time. Wigan had seen a lot of investment whereas Middleton has seen very little. It makes perfect business sense to invest at Middleton given the clear investment shown at every other depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What he means is the Services dont warrant Deckers and i agree, Only a couple of trips get busy

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Another interesting working yesterday was 12220 operating 203 service seen entering Piccadilly from Auyton Street about 15:40 yesterday afternoon, been a while since I've seen a Hybrid on any route that goes past the Depot.
(30/01/2017 22:33)ant17612 Wrote:  MMC's for Middleton is surely some sort of a wind up! Once again the operations are unbelievably poor and do not warrant new buses!

People still think of Middleton as the dump of Manchester, what they don't realise is how much investment it has seen since the Darts and Evolutions were lost for the Enviro200's. The poor mess of a yard has been completely resurfaced which has improved bodywork massively, while a new wash has been installed and is used regularly, the garage itself has been resurfaced in parts while the side storage shed has been completely dug out and had two inspection pits put in, exauhst extraction and lighting have been fitted, and the offices refurbished to incorporate more office rooms. New buses are only a part in the chain of investment....

(31/01/2017 03:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  What he means is the Services dont warrant Deckers and i agree, Only a couple of trips get busy

Thats not true, commuting that way twice a day every day at different times, it's not uncommon to have to stand, even Sundays, Moston to Manchester gets very busy, and although they might not fill a decker regularly, a lot of trips regularly fill the 200's
(31/01/2017 03:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  What he means is the Services dont warrant Deckers and i agree, Only a couple of trips get busy

Read his post again. 'Services are poor and don't warrant NEW buses'. No mention of deckers it's the suggestion that Middleton don't warrant new buses.

I'm right in saying your a lot younger than me but if you look back at the history of stagecoach Manchester they have in the past had services that were 90% single decker. 168/169 was operated by B10Ms as were 236/237 - and they ran to Manchester not the shorter Ashton route, but they recognised the need to convert to deckers hence today the majority are operated by deckers and I imagine it's the same for Middleton. With deckers there's more scope to attract more passengers onto exsisting services.
I am most likely younger yes (am 21) but I know the poster off the forum and Middleton getting deckers has been a topic a couple of times recently, what he means by Services being poor is the poor loadings on the service and that it doesn't warrant new Buses (Deckers) as passenger count is just not there for it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(31/01/2017 12:53)T42 PVM Wrote:  I am most likely younger yes (am 21) but I know the poster off the forum and Middleton getting deckers has been a topic a couple of times recently, what he means by Services being poor is the poor loadings on the service and that it doesn't warrant new Buses (Deckers) as passenger count is just not there for it

I'm guessing you've both seen ticket machine Information to be able to say loadings on Middleton services are 'poor'?
It's a bit of a giveaway when the said services struggle to fill an Enviro200/300

Not only that but the vast amount of scroats in North Manchester will see these get wrecked. Fag burns, permanent markers etc. Some of Ashton's 30 have been trashed already and these will probably stay intact for a month at best.

On another note their has been no confirmation by Stagecoach themselves so It's pretty much wibble, especially when people thought the Gillmoss extra's were going there!

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
(31/01/2017 14:02)T42 PVM Wrote:  It's a bit of a giveaway when the said services struggle to fill an Enviro200/300

Thing is, the gm first v stagecoach game isn't about that! Competing services with massive over capacity, yet well patronised monopoly routes play second fiddle.

Having said that, there is a lot of abstraction potential from first in the area. Stagecoach seem to be carrying less passengers than jpt/bluebird did, so you can only assume first have taken some away.?

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)