Current time: 25/04/2024, 11:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(29/10/2015 08:15)djb Wrote:  The sooner stagecoach introduce mobile bus tracking the better. Firsts version may not be without its flaws but it's a damn site better than being in the dark, mid route on an infrequent longer service.

I am surprised that Stagecoach has yet to introduce a mobile tracker that gives real-time data as I read several years that Stagecoach was trialling a system and hoped to roll it out nationally by 2015. On Merseyside we can track Arriva buses either on a pc or tablet or the Arriva mobile app. Also the Merseytravel site has a means of tracking ALL buses operating within its area, including Stagecoach's. In this day and age, a paper timetable is virtually useless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/10/2015 08:15)djb Wrote:  This unfortunately is the only way to guarantee timing compliance. Unlike trains, the regulations prohibit sticking a load of extra time at the end of the route, so it has to be spread out. As others have alluded, traffic is getting more and more unpredictable, so these kind of journeys aren't gonna go away especially on longer routes.

The sooner stagecoach introduce mobile bus tracking the better. Firsts version may not be without its flaws but it's a damn site better than being in the dark, mid route on an infrequent longer service.

If there's one thing that annoys passengers most on a bus journey,it's unnecessary wasting of time at a bus stop where nobody is getting on or off because of vastly over conservative scheduling. It's time the guys/lasses who do this job do it properly. The worst case scenario is not the way to do it.
(29/10/2015 21:53)Dentonian Wrote:  Who do you mean by the "guys/lasses who do this job, do it properly"? I hope you mean the (Senior?) Traffic Commissioners' who devised this ridiculous rule about not padding out the time at the end of the journey.
And much as it annoys passengers already on the bus, for those needing to catch the bus, early running (or not running at all) is the most annoying.

If it was scheduled sensibly,then many of those early buses would not be early. If they're a bit late as a result ,so what. Too much tick box culture.
I'm aboard 10449? on the 34 it's a nice bus but the USB chargers seem in a odd location

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Stagecoach Manchester has the X34 Factor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QxVyfocGM

Credit: Stagecoach Bus YouTube Channel.
i rode it today! (10449 on the 34 took about 85 minutes end to end)

I had a ride of 10450 and have to admit i liked it, kinda reminds me of the Scanias that Preston use on the X2 Liverpool - Preston

I like how it has high back cushion seats and not this E-Leather rubbish!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Very cumfy seats quiet but powerful buses but off places for the usb chargers my only gripe so far

There was a few funny workings today with 76 Enviros on the 105, a Single decker on the 50 and Magic V-DFT at the trafford centre on an unknown route

(12/10/2015 19:31)Dentonian Wrote:  I too can't see Hyde Road's having comfy seats, unless they are to be dedicated to 38, the Trafford Centre and 255s.

The 380/381s in particular were 2 at around 11am on Mon-Fri. I have subsequently seen some TfGM Hybrid Solos on these routes.

Can you clarify your comments about 380/1 - especially times/days? I've seen very few standard Solos on 380/1, and of course to regularly allocate them would be a breach of contract. However, there are punctuality issues on Eve/Sun 309/10s, which will be sorted by withsrawing the Cheadle Heath shorts in a fortnight. Consequently, it might have been agreed that interworking is acceptable on Sundays until then. The 173 has also been a GBF route since 1st September, and it is disappointing that Primos still appear on there. Transferring tenders to Stagecoach used to guarantee improved performance, but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

I think the seating on Enviro400-MMCs at SH are reasonably comfortable, and reckon those at HE will use similar standard. You may be right about the above routes getting high-back examples.

The 380/381 workings that I remember seeing were 2 at around 11am on Mon-Fri. Nowadays I have seen more TfGM Hybrid Solos though.

(25/10/2015 21:52)SF07 Wrote:  The new Enviro400 MMCs have been in operation on the new 34 service. The vehicles have been given route branding for the 34/X34, although it only lists the services as running to/from Golborne with no mention of Bryn and Ashton-in-Makerfield.

Going off photos on Flickr, 10444, 10445, 10446, 10447, 10450 were out in service today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/temeraire003/21841838894/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/22459209952/

These pictures display the high-back seats, most notably upstairs behind the staircase.

(27/10/2015 21:48)St Helens Rider Wrote:  they are getting their part of the market off the ground before First start services on the Guided Busway.

I have also believed this upgrade is intended to compete more effectively with the Leigh Busway. I expect to travel one way on the Busway and the other on Stagecoach route 34.
19511- 19514 transferred from Hyde Road to Sheffield
19326 - 19329 transferred from Stockport to Hyde Road
4 Hybrids to be transferred from Sheffield to Stockport

Anyone for bus roulette?

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)