Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Why is the new fleetcard in a different format?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The fleetcard isn't in a different format??

It's still a .xls (Excel 97-2003) file, with the same style as the last one. I even checked my site in case it'd uploaded incorrectly, or I'd made an error - couldn't find any problems.
Must be my computer.Ever since I upgraded it to Windows 10 I've had problems. I 'll get my son to have a look when I next see him. Thanks.
(23/10/2015 19:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Don't forget the 700 is run by Stockport, not Ashton - though Ashton would seem to make more sense mileage wise. I've just looked at the period 6 Allocation Sheet - hardly earth shattering, and it doesn't mention 33866 being re-instated. However, it does say 47559 has gone into reserve. Although, only 7 years old this Solo must have been the most unreliable bus ever operated by Stagecoach, and I think I've seen it twice in its entire life! Logically, 33866 is a (short-term?) replacement for 47559, but also I believe Darts (certainly MPDs like 33866) are far too small for the 700.

I've heard rumours for a while about the 700 switching to AZ given where it starts and finishes it would certainly make more sense to run it from Ashton, apparently there's a pool of just 3 drivers who work the 700 at ST.

47759 hasn't been seen outside if the depot for quite some months. I did ask a driver I know recently and he just laughed when I enquiried, so I don't see how 33866 can be a direct replacement. It would have perhaps made sense to use 33866 as the taxi bus like they have with previous darts but it was out in use today on the 346 while a MAN was in use as the taxi.
I just wonder why 47759 is so unreliable and why they haven't bitten the bullet and scrapped it, I'm sure it's had a replacement engine in the last few years.
On paper, 33875 (40 seat MCV) is the replacement for 47559, though no doubt other darts from the reserve fleet are also seeing use.

With regards to why 47559 is such a pig - it probably has a problem/fault that manifests itself elsewhere, and it's just a case of the root cause not being identified yet (even although it has been years).
As it's only 7 years old I can't see it being scrapped quite yet - and the fact that it has had a replacement engine should not be held against it, as this is a semi-regular occurence with most vehicles.
(24/10/2015 10:34)Dentonian Wrote:  If these ex-Bluebird Darts (incl. 33866) are to be used on the 346 once extended to Tameside General, it just shows how remote bus industry management can be. The service is extended to a Hospital.

Not to mention the fact that extending it to the hospital means the service will be used by students attending Ashton Sixth Form (myself included) and this will increase loadings considerable. Considering that the morning 231 can be full leaving the station even when it is a enviro400 putting single deckers on isn't going to help.
(24/10/2015 12:07)joe_alker Wrote:  Not to mention the fact that extending it to the hospital means the service will be used by students attending Ashton Sixth Form (myself included) and this will increase loadings considerable. Considering that the morning 231 can be full leaving the station even when it is a enviro400 putting single deckers on isn't going to help.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.
Forget pensioners traveling to and from the hospital. I think this extension is a bit of a sneaky hit a First. A lot of students travel between Ashton and the college and currently the 231's which are 2 an hour off peak carry some students but the majority seem to use Firsts 350. By offering another direct link to Ashton sixth form college I'm sure it will have an effect, plus the stagecoach 346 should enter the hospital at the rear so would travel along Darnton road directly past the college entrance unlike the 350 that simply enters the hospital on fountain street and entails a walk for students.

To be honest given the number of students that travel between Ashton and Tameside college during the day and the AZ allocaters obsession with allocating Enviro200's to the very overcrowded 236/237, I've always wondered why First don't run some 348's along Beaufot road past the Tameside college, I rearly see many people boarding on Crickets lane or outside Indian Ocean.
From my experience anyone who gets the bus from Ashton to college has already had to get a bus to Ashton, so they will use what service they have a bus ticket for. Hence why a fair amount have to get the 231 or walk. Where the 350 stop is actually ok as there is a rear entrance to college easily accessible from there which i use and a lot of other students do.

It is clear Tha extending the 346 is a competitive move by Stagecoach
Even the 345 regularly has an enviro400 allocated to it now. Personally I think AZ could get away with being a 100% decker depot but I don't think there are enough
(24/10/2015 16:39)Dentonian Wrote:  In defence of AZ allocators, there probably isn't any service they run (apart from 345) that doesn't need 'deckers on at least some journeys, whether coinciding with School/College peaks or just insurance against M60 induced gridlock.

i can think of 202/344 183 doesnt really like 345 408 as well

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)