Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I thought the ex-Gillmoss Tridents already had euro5 engines fitted from when they were converted to single door?
It was my impression that Stagecoach had, at the time, informally promised euro5 vehicles to replace the Olympians at Gillmoss, but ended up with the ex-London stock. Hence, new engines to 'technically' meet the promise.

Certainly the book value of the Gillmoss Tridents is a good bit higher than those at Manchester that were converted at a similar time...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Here's the video of 19084 I mentioned the other day, I finally managed to upload it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAv0NZ6rRUU

Does anyone have any ideas what engine this has?
(19/08/2015 23:13)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Here's the video of 19084 I mentioned the other day, I finally managed to upload it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAv0NZ6rRUU

Does anyone have any ideas what engine this has?

It sounds like a standard Cummins ISCe Euro III to me
Spotted 18111 earlier this afternoon in Ashton Bus Station operating on 168/169s
(20/08/2015 21:04)Dentonian Wrote:  Following my own suggestion and bringing Wigan under this thread.

I've now renamed the thread Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan so that news from both can be included in this thread
(20/08/2015 20:03)M60lad Wrote:  Spotted 18111 earlier this afternoon in Ashton Bus Station operating on 168/169s

Hardly unusual.
Both 18110 and 18111 spend most of thier time during the week on 168/169's.

18110 has gone very sluggish of late and seems to struggle up the slightest of inclines.
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
With all the recent gains in evening work at AZ it seems that weekday evening 219's have gone back to HE with 12233 seen leaving Ashton at 22.15 tonight. I also spotted one of the Bedford Tridents on an earlier evening working a couple of nights earlier but assumed it was a one off.
This obviously means AZ's Hybrids are free to work on thier other evening services.

Also heard off a driver at AZ that the 7's are to return to AZ in the very near future presumably with a batch of suitable vehicles, most likely Enviro200's, to work them.
(20/08/2015 21:04)Dentonian Wrote:  Following my own suggestion and bringing Wigan under this thread.

Can anyone confirm all nine new Enviro300s have arrived? A local correspondent has reported 27229-32/4 all in service - 27229 after a brief return to ADL - and I've also been told by an internal source that 27233/5/6 have been delivered. Finally, a well known Stagecoach blogger also reports that 27237 has bee delivered, which would complete the batch.

Yes I can confirm they have all been delivered now and getting prepared for service.
Hybdrid allocations from Ashton Depot yesterday afternoon seemed a bit Haphazard as I noticed at least one each on the following routes:

216, 330 & 347

Instead of their usual outing on 219s, as a result that were quite a number of Diesel Enviro400s out on 219s.
(21/08/2015 20:08)Dentonian Wrote:  Not heard this, but it does sit with the last journey from Ashton being withdrawn next weekend. Logically, (most of) the 11 regs that have recently left AZ will return there.

I was surprised as well but it would mean that AZ would have enough Enviro200's to operate the majority of their evening work (not the 216), so would make sense.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)