Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
It still has both doors and yes it's in Magicbus livery, it was at Wigan earlier this week as I fitted the LED destination equipment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/12/2014 12:32)Scania1996 Wrote:  It still has both doors and yes it's in Magicbus livery, it was at Wigan earlier this week as I fitted the LED destination equipment.

That makes me think that it is not a long-term replacement for the red decker, as I understood that it was a condition of the contract with Salford Uni that the bus be in their colours, which is technically magenta.
(05/12/2014 17:10)Owl Wrote:  That makes me think that it is not a long-term replacement for the red decker, as I understood that it was a condition of the contract with Salford Uni that the bus be in their colours, which is technically magenta.

It certainly was a condition of the contract as Bluebird acquired the B7, had it painted blue only then to have it painted magenta, however, not sure how accurate the information is but I have been told any vehicle can now be used as long as it carries internal and external Salford uni ads.
The B7 has apparently been withdrawn completely from service.
MAN on the 50 this aftenoon, while two 38-branded Enviro400s were on the 250.
Unless someone can correct me I've heard today that Stagecoach Middleton are supposedly due to move to Mantra 2 doors down the road next wee for 3 weeks as the yard is finally being done and the vehicles doing it were dropped off today.

Other news is that the first of the new Enviro 400s is apparently on its way to Stagecoach Machester this being 10401 SL64HZG

Another Ferrymill Hire vehicle has turned up this time at Stockport Depot and is FM33 SJ09GDV

Also if anyone's interested it seems Stockport Depot have been using one of their Volvo B10M PS's on an afternoon/evening duty on 384 service both me and Chris Lowe who's a driver a Princess Road have seen it on the route recently
(05/12/2014 20:40)M60lad Wrote:  Also if anyone's interested it seems Stockport Depot have been using one of their Volvo B10M PS's on an afternoon/evening duty on 384 service both me and Chris Lowe who's a driver a Princess Road have seen it on the route recently

Do you know what the times are?
I think it was around about 17:00 when I saw it a couple of weeks ago, not to sure whether its a regular working though and I think it is only does one trip round from Stockport-Marple-Romiley-Stockport from what I can gather
(05/12/2014 20:40)M60lad Wrote:  Unless someone can correct me I've heard today that Stagecoach Middleton are supposedly due to move to Mantra 2 doors down the road next wee for 3 weeks as the yard is finally being done and the vehicles doing it were dropped off today.

Other news is that the first of the new Enviro 400s is apparently on its way to Stagecoach Machester this being 10401 SL64HZG

Another Ferrymill Hire vehicle has turned up this time at Stockport Depot and is FM33 SJ09GDV

Also if anyone's interested it seems Stockport Depot have been using one of their Volvo B10M PS's on an afternoon/evening duty on 384 service both me and Chris Lowe who's a driver a Princess Road have seen it on the route recently

Princess Road!!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(05/12/2014 17:40)Mayneway Wrote:  It certainly was a condition of the contract as Bluebird acquired the B7, had it painted blue only then to have it painted magenta, however, not sure how accurate the information is but I have been told any vehicle can now be used as long as it carries internal and external Salford uni ads.
The B7 has apparently been withdrawn completely from service.

I remember the repaint happening, and the magenta rapidly fading until Stagecoach had it repainted not long after the takeover. What you say about the adverts makes sense, as 17578 in it's unconverted configuration would be ideal for a contract service like that, in the same way that it's sister buses are being used on the 141 to Birley for MMU.
(06/12/2014 13:58)Owl Wrote:  I remember the repaint happening, and the magenta rapidly fading until Stagecoach had it repainted not long after the takeover. What you say about the adverts makes sense, as 17578 in it's unconverted configuration would be ideal for a contract service like that, in the same way that it's sister buses are being used on the 141 to Birley for MMU.

From what I was told as long as one dedicated bus is used and it carries both internal and external adverts for the university then Salford Uni are happy. It makes more sense as it can be used on normal services at the weekends abs during the holidays and won't look out of place - will be interesting to see if it looses it's magic branding though.

As an aside, have all the ex London dual door Tridents that got painted blue now entered service?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)