Current time: 25/04/2024, 00:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(20/09/2014 14:22)R971XVM Wrote:  Dual door magics are under no circumstances to be used on any service route other than 141.

It looks unlikely that I'll get a ride on a dual door vehicle any time soon then (excluding bendy's). What dual door buses from the 80's are left that run now and again (preserved)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/09/2014 14:22)R971XVM Wrote:  Dual door magics are under no circumstances to be used on any service route other than 141.

Yes centre doors can be used, but some drivers prefer not to use them (the wheelchair ramp is located on the centre doors)

So what is the point of having 10 in reserve - they cannot all be needed as spares for the 141.
(21/09/2014 09:46)Owl Wrote:  So what is the point of having 10 in reserve - they cannot all be needed as spares for the 141.

Presumably so they can be used on other Magic services as and when needed.

(21/09/2014 09:46)Owl Wrote:  So what is the point of having 10 in reserve - they cannot all be needed as spares for the 141.

(21/09/2014 10:28)Mayneway Wrote:  Presumably so they can be used on other Magic services as and when needed.

(20/09/2014 19:55)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Dual door 17452 was on 143's today.

Dodgy Huh

Well. Can someone please explain what is supposed to be happening with these dual-door magics?
(21/09/2014 10:46)Dentonian Wrote:  Probably not, if they are mostly parked up at Wigan, and still in Red.

Seems strange that they would be 'in reserve' if they wernt planning to use them. I'm told some were in and out if the paintshop within 3 days so it wouldn't take much to get them ready for service. How certain are we that there are 10 at Wigan?
17516 photographed in the city centre, presumably finishing a journey on the 142 or 143, while 17519 on the 143. Might be a case that the dual-door vehicles that are used on the 141 during the week may be used on the 142 or 143 over the weekend.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dg11061959...otostream/
(21/09/2014 21:04)SF07 Wrote:  17516 photographed in the city centre, presumably finishing a journey on the 142 or 143, while 17519 on the 143. Might be a case that the dual-door vehicles that are used on the 141 during the week may be used on the 142 or 143 over the weekend.

I'm told there was at least 3 dual door tridents out on Saturday on 'other' magic services so the their goes the suggestion that thier exclusivley for the 141. Although given Stagecoach's stance on using hydrid and route branded vehicles on every other service it's only a matter of time before one of these tridents turns up on a corporate service.

A pal of mine who was out and about in town on Saturday taking photos, said he finally witnessed one of the dual door Tridents alighting a healthy load, and despite the driver opening both doors every passenger alighted through the front door lol Smile
(21/09/2014 10:28)Mayneway Wrote:  Presumably so they can be used on other Magic services as and when needed.

Absolutely - the rush was obviously to get the required number of vehicles repainted for the start of the university term. Having done that, the rest can be repainted (and converted ?) at leisure. I am sure that despite assertions to the contrary they will be seen on a range of services - it is not as though they are in a specific livery (although even that did not stop Stagecoach using the Salford bus on general services at weekends during the JPT takeover).
TFGM have recently put the following up on their Twitter feed:

Oxford Rd, Manchester is unable to re-open. Further ground investigations are required. Updates when available from Manchester CC

Obviously I'm guessing the problem is more serious than first thought, I actually thought as I read it was just a sewer collapse unless something else has been found either way this isn't good news as it means more delays and diversions until further notice
I went down to East Didsbury today and the diversion seems to take much longer than usual, are there extra buses on route than usual to keep frequency? The bus I went down on (13996) also left East Didsbury out of service.

Has anyone noticed one of the dual-door Tridents that has the exit door behind the front axle rather than in front of the rear axle like the others?

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)