Current time: 29/03/2024, 06:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre
RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre
(28/07/2018 22:49)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Could be moving into the pool fleet now 2902 is here.
Aren't the Cadets & Commanders supposed to be leaving St Helens
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/07/2018 22:49)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Could be moving into the pool fleet now 2902 is here.

Good shout there....wonder when the scrap busses will start to be towed away
(29/07/2018 09:00)chris-s Wrote:  Good shout there....wonder when the scrap busses will start to be towed away

Scrap buses will go depart when the price of scrap increases or when more buses need withdrawing and death row is full

On another note, whats here for work?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/07/2018 11:45)RedPanda Wrote:  Scrap buses will go depart when the price of scrap increases or when more buses need withdrawing and death row is full

On another note, whats here for work?

The scrap buses will leave the fleet when their book value is low enough
(29/07/2018 13:30)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The scrap buses will leave the fleet when their book value is low enough

I thought Arriva's policy was to depreciate the value of buses over 15 years? In which case, wouldn't anything X, Y, 51, 02 or 52-registered already have reached its minimum book value?
You will be suprised as they still rate the resale value of the "X" plate volvo b10ble's at around £7,500 plus vat and tyres.
Theres nothing in the paintshop etc yet due to the rails , but now rails are over buses will start coming in for the refurbs.
(29/07/2018 14:41)Quackdave Wrote:  I thought Arriva's policy was to depreciate the value of buses over 15 years? In which case, wouldn't anything X, Y, 51, 02 or 52-registered already have reached its minimum book value?

I suspect the current situation has been complicated by the fact that Arriva is not ordering any new fleet replacement this year. It's a case of make do and mend, I think.
(29/07/2018 14:55)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Theres nothing in the paintshop etc yet due to the rails , but now rails are over buses will start coming in for the refurbs.

Thanks, I thought there might have been one or two to add to 2489 and 5000 but of course rail contracts are more important. Cadets or VLW/DLP maybe. I suspect the Cymru Coastliners will go onward to Speke with some having a repaint here at St. Helens first. Keep having a look will you if you’re passing.

As ever information is always appreciated.
(29/07/2018 19:23)RedPanda Wrote:  Thanks, I thought there might have been one or two to add to 2489 and 5000 but of course rail contracts are more important. Cadets or VLW/DLP maybe. I suspect the Cymru Coastliners will go onward to Speke with some having a repaint here at St. Helens first. Keep having a look will you if you’re passing.

As ever information is always appreciated.

Im back in st helens tommorow due to the rails finishing so il try get a look tommorow.
Sorry its been a while but here is a bit of an update :
BODY/ENGINE SHOP:
4421- repaint
2717- donated conversion
P+R enviro200 - refurb
2143 - refurb
4804 - rta repairs

PAINTSHOP:
2696 - refurb
669 - refurb
4433 - refurb
4477 - refurb

OUTSIDE:
2706 , 2707 , 2712 , 2714 , 2715 , 2716 , 2719
2720 , 2729 , 2730 , 4178 , 8207 , 8257 , 4161
894 , 4210 , 8214

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)