Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Vannin
RE: Bus Vannin
DAFs 55 and 80 left the fleet last week for further use with Blackpool Transport
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It has been announced that Bus Vannin's new timetable is to come into effect on May 19th
A silver long wheelbase StreetLite (fleet number 127 and registered MAN-41-H) has arrived on a two-month loan. This is re-using the registration from Optare-bodied DAF DB250 41 MAN-41-H which was withdrawn early last year
is the an updated list of what buses only work school services please
(01/07/2013 15:53)dave4jackie Wrote:  is the an updated list of what buses only work school services please

Generally it's the DB250s and Tridents although other vehicle types do appear on these services

Also DAF 10 T-10-MAN has received a partial repaint and has lost its "R" designation
(03/07/2013 14:52)FMN-503-T Wrote:  
(01/07/2013 15:53)dave4jackie Wrote:  is the an updated list of what buses only work school services please

Generally it's the DB250s and Tridents although other vehicle types do appear on these services

Also DAF 10 T-10-MAN has received a partial repaint and has lost its "R" designation

thanks, what does or did the R mean
In general after the recent re-shape of the school services there are no longer any vehicles that are allocated to school services only, as many school journeys are now public routes as well, so because of this there can be any vehicles working 'school' routes. The 'R' supposedly designates Ramsey vehicles, however these appear to mean nothing as most 'R' vehicles are not seen near Ramsey, indeed today at the opposite end of the island I have noted 'R' marked vehicles 203, 206 and 207.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Volvo 162 has now gained an "R" designation.
A source at Bus Vannin has informed me that a twenty-sixth Citaro has arrived in the form of ex-EvoBus BD62 LPX

It is to be numbered 226 in the Bus Vannin fleet
I have been told by my source at Bus Vannin that six Citaro LEs (227-232) and six Volvo B9TLs (presumably 171-6) are on order along with two Mercedes-Benz Sprinter minibuses. The Volvos are due in November whilst the Sprinters are due at the end of this month

Credit to Garry Brookes on the fleetlist - 226 has now entered service. Currently no confirmation on the registration at present

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)