Current time: 25/04/2024, 07:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
RE: Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
(08/09/2015 19:42)E208 WBG Wrote:  0301 was already in tyne bridge after its refurb in Arriva days with 284/287 and 304 if I remember correctly

Correct, 3284/87/301 where all completely done, with grey fibreglass being repainted blue, and grey wall carpet replaced with a plastic.3304 didn't get the full makeover, just a retrim.

Originally all where supposed to get the makeover , but didn't

Afaik, only 276 and maybe 275(?) Still have mtl trim.the rest being retrimmed by current owners.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I presume it is safe to say now that none of Presidential's palatines can be considered preserved. Or to put it another way there are no preserved cross-river Palatines
Its been redone again Andy thats why i said its been retrimmed and you are correct SNL. 0302 was preserved for a time but was sold to its current owner who uses it daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Any updated list to where both the N and R plate Palatines are now ?
N275CKB has been out on school work this week, but not sure who owns it or which school
275 is presidential travel. As far as I know 275/291/299/301/302 are all plain white now.

I am no longer active on this forum.
The ex merseyside 1s were always quite rateable whilst at winsford:

They drove decently enough apparently according to a driver mate of mine. Although a couple of curious bits were they had a plastic rear kinda bench seat upstairs & had twin destination blinds on the front. Plus anybody aware where some of the macc palatines buggered off to? My personal favourites were 3346/3349 were rather rapid, only prob was when the bulbs went on the dot matrix displays you could never see the route number etc! Both good vehicles, although for about 6 months or so the upstairs heat on 3349 never worked, like a bloody ice box!
R319WVR is now at the Isle Of Wight military museum for use as some sort of project for the islands homeless. It was previously with Stephensons of Tholthorpe . Credit to Richard Prior on Facebook for this information.
(29/01/2016 12:58)R879 HRF Wrote:  275 is presidential travel. As far as I know 275/291/299/301/302 are all plain white now.
Noticed 275 301 in white livery at Chester Zoo 09/07

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(13/07/2016 07:03)Penny Return Wrote:  Noticed 275 301 in white livery at Chester Zoo 09/07

299 at Chester town by lunchtime, with school kids on board.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)