Current time: 23/04/2024, 10:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Weather
RE: The Weather
Dont forget we are technically are at the recieving end of all or most of the hurricanes that slingshot off the eastern seaboard of the USA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday 2nd October

YELLOW EARLY WARNING of RAIN

There is the potential for periods of heavy rain across much of the southern half of the UK during the 36 hours from Thursday evening until Saturday morning.

However there is considerable uncertainty in the northward extent of this heavy rain and the area covered by this early warning is likely to be adjusted as the event approaches.

The public should be aware of the possibility of disruption to travel due to localised flooding.

Valid from 1800 Thursday until 0600 Saturday.
Winter on its way?

Winter Warning
It's been cold enough!

So basically we are treated with an Indian summer for a week, then it's back to freezing temperatures and snow and whatever else, hmmm. Snow was predicted in October last year and we saw hardly any all winter, I think I'll just wait and see and take it as it happens, lost faith in weathermen unless it's Fred Talbot!
The weather has been absolutely dreadful on the Isle of Man today. It was very windy on my way to work this morning and it's been raining nearly all day
(17/10/2012 13:55)sumner Wrote:  It's been cold enough!

So basically we are treated with an Indian summer for a week, then it's back to freezing temperatures and snow and whatever else, hmmm. Snow was predicted in October last year and we saw hardly any all winter, I think I'll just wait and see and take it as it happens, lost faith in weathermen unless it's Fred Talbot!

Hope it IS proved right next week as its half-term around my way and always better for kids if they can play out rather than being stuck indoors.
I forget its that point in October when the kids are off on there half term break , usually when the kids break comes it turns nasty .

This half term break is odd though because some areas have it in one week and others have it in the following week , its good idea to stagger it so some of the attractions can cope better then .
I got caught in a torrential downpour while cycling to work in ormskirk yesterday morning the rain was so heavy it washed the oil off my bike chain and sent it all up the outside of my trouser leg yuck! oh well last day in today then im off until monday 29th yes!
(18/10/2012 06:41)MX12CFE Wrote:  I got caught in a torrential downpour while cycling to work in ormskirk yesterday morning the rain was so heavy it washed the oil off my bike chain and sent it all up the outside of my trouser leg yuck! oh well last day in today then im off until monday 29th yes!

Huh, call that rain??!!

When I were a lad we used to have t'cycle seventeen miles, all up hill, yes all up hill, to th'mill in a tropical monsoon, through a shark infested raging torrent balancing half a ton of coal on 'us head.....and then work a 19 hour shift for sixpence a week.......and we were damned grateful!!

[Credit to Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen ]
Quote:Huh, call that rain??!!

When I were a lad we used to have t'cycle seventeen miles, all up hill, yes all up hill, to th'mill in a tropical monsoon, through a shark infested raging torrent balancing half a ton of coal on 'us head.....and then work a 19 hour shift for sixpence a week.......and we were damned grateful!!

[Credit to Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen ]

You were on sixpence a week????? You were lucky! We had to beg to work there AND pay him for the privelege! Jammy sod!!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)