Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
CMT had the 10C Running as a 10A to Pagemoss and a 21/217/227/258 to Huyton villiage (Via Kingsway)
GTL ran the route after purchasing the CMT operations and also ran their version of the Liverbus 210 (Arriva 10B) around the same time also
Both the 10C and 210 were dropped by Stagecoach in 2005 with the shortening of the 217 to Huyton Bus Stn only.

Drivers of the 10A would also change at Page Moss using an alexander Sprint staff transport canteen complete with toilet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
double deck the 10A should really be the way forward as its stupid that passengers are left at bus stands mainly between Queen Square and kenny mc donalds, ok another bus not far behind but thats not the point if there is a bus there and they cant get on it then it warrants a decker, people should be able to get on the first bus tha is heading where they want to go not get the 2nd or 3rd or once i had to wait for the 4th bus.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A lot of the waiting and passengers being left behind is due to the poor reliability - passengers which should be spread across 2 buses based upon their arrival time at the bus stand are instead having to board 1 late running vehicle.

Of course a full decker allocation would partially solve that but you'd still have a full decker being followed up by an empty decker due to the service's reliability which, until such a time as the timetable is modified, will remain the largest underlying issue on these particular services. The sad thing is, a lot of these problems have also been created by the introduction of supposed quality bus partnerships.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
as i keep saying to other people i loved the timetable for the 10A before the QBP ok less evening buses but the buses was every 5 mins in daytime and kept loads down a bit more

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
I agree.
On these kinds of routes, I would have thought that having buses of higher capacity but slightly less frequently would be the way forwards.
take it down to every 10 then put DD on that would be fine

As a regular user of the 10/A/B living on the route I am not sure that I would be happy with a less frequent service, at the same point I am also not sure we need deckers either, just a better run service with less bunching would be better. Also remember that up to the greyhound the 8 & 9 also run during the day. This is just my opinion, nothing else.
i live on 10A route and all i want is a seat, if deckers work then good if not then more regular service

(03/07/2012 21:15)MPTE1955 Wrote:  As a regular user of the 10/A/B living on the route I am not sure that I would be happy with a less frequent service, at the same point I am also not sure we need deckers either, just a better run service with less bunching would be better. Also remember that up to the greyhound the 8 & 9 also run during the day. This is just my opinion, nothing else.

Unfortunately any service frequency under 10 mins and you will get bunching that is a fact no matter how you try to sort bunching will occur , its all to do with passengers once there is a lot of people at a bus stop the boarding of passengers makes the service slower and will happen at numerous stops whereas the bus behind may not have any passengers to pick up.
Heswall 471/2 so far
FIRST - PVR 3

ARRIVA - PVR 4

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)