Current time: 23/04/2024, 11:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

British Airways
RE: British Airways
According to various press reports the same BA 777 made unscheduled stops at Shannon on both Friday and Sunday due to "technical issues". Anyone know which aircraft and what the issues were?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
BA taking leased 2nd hand 320s for its LGW operation, these I would assume will see off the remaining 734s
B734 G-DOCX withdrawn to storage at Lasham.
BA103 a 788 G-ZBJE, London - Calgary returned to London this morning after an engine being shut down in flight.
G-BNWD flown to Victorville storage facility
(08/01/2015 20:28)turbo777 Wrote:  G-BNWD flown to Victorville storage facility
Interesting that the 767 which was withdrawn just before Xmas has gone to a boneyard in the US whereas the 737 has presumably gone to ATC's maintenance and storage facility at Lasham. It suggests that the future likely holds different outcomes for the two aicraft.
Eight 78's delivered & seven 76's into storage. Seem to be keeping pace.
G-BNLG also left the fleet and also went to Victorville on the 15th of last month, thats BA down to 43 744s now.
I was on BA235 to Moscow today. Was expecting an ex-BMI 321, but we had an equipment change to a 767 (G-BNWV). Don't think I've flown one of these since 2004, and probably the last time I will (NWV is 22 years old). Interestingly when I first boarded I thought it had been refurbished, but soon realized it still had the old seats which have been recovered with the new fabrics. Have to say no vibrations and rattles on takeoff like the older 777s. altogether very pleasant.
I hadn't flown on BA for a couple of months, but over recent weeks have seen BA aircraft taxiing from a distance at a couple of European airports with Boeing style sharklets, which had me a little puzzled, as I didn't think BA would be spending any non-essential money on their 737s. However I never got round to checking it out.

Yesterday I needed to connect at LHR and flew down on a 320, which indeed had sharklets. Having now done some research, it appears according to FlightGlobal.com that BA are currently retrofitting 10 newer A320s. Speculation on other forums is that a likely further 20 will also be done, although older aircraft will need wing reinforcement.
A 777 blew an engine and caught fire whilst taking off at Vegas yesterday. Fortunately only a few minor injuries as passengers evacuated - fantastic response from the crew. So different from the outcome at Manchester many years back.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)