Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Crosville Club
RE: Crosville Club
So when do you all find out what grades you have got ?

Well is St Helens like every other town now these days Pound shops and Charity shops .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My results are released on the 17th of July, I then have 2 days to appeal should I so wish, and a further 5 days to apply to swap course (to the MEng), should I so wish and qualify to do so.

GCSEs are normally the 2nd Thursday in August, A-Levels the week after, again a Thursday.
Results day is 23rd August this year. Equally looking forward to it yet dreading it at the same time!

As for the pound and charity shops, very true but not on the Geography controlled assessment criteria unfortunately!!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
This was something i didnt know about until this morning when i heard on BBC Radio news that they intended to get rid of GCSE of which my school year was the first to take these in 1988 , to be replaced by a different form of examination from when then havent decided .

The school year begins on 1 September (or 1 August if a term starts in August).
Education is compulsory for all children from their fifth birthday to the last Friday in June of the school year in which they turn 16.
This will be raised, in 2013, to the year in which they turn 17 and, in 2015, to their 18th birthday.

This is going to be rather interesting for the schools to keep chasing pupils who have no intention of going to school before they reach 16 but even harder for those over the age of 16 seems like the schools are having the thumb screws tightened even harder now .
lol i feel sorry for schools that had lads like me at 14 years of age (when i started doing what i wanted)
terence dont you have maths last? no i have an early finish Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Some inner city schools will have a right time with this new legislation .

It is also to do with the way the teachers teach as well , in my time there was teachers who couldnt control the skin on a rice pudding and that isnt a word of a lie , then you have the other end of the stick where some of the staff would boom down at you like a tonne of bricks .
lol we had a teacher that went up in our faces, one day a lad headbuts him and the teacher had a broken nose so what does the kid get? a week home excluded, more like an extra holiday if you ask me

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
That is absolutely true, I found the maths tuition at Liverpool Hope University excellent compared to my A level Maths teaching, primarily, I believe because the teachers truly cared and were engaging!

We didn't do proper IT at school though so no comparison that way, other than in 2000 when I left school, the PCs still had Windows 3.1 installed, same as they'd had in 1993 when I started secondary school!

(Nice ad for Hope Uni if anyone is thinking of going!)

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I know one of the teachers in my secondary school who was subsequently dismissed by the school was actually locked in a storeroom during the lesson by the pupils , the head teacher and his deputies knew which teachers were not pulling there weight but it seems the teachers unions seem to pull rank at this time .

In subsequent Parent's Evenings the same teachers names would crop up .
Went to pick up my bag from school for a Duke of Edinburgh expedition this weekend (which should be bad enough in itself given this weather) earlier. Just been through and checked it to discover it's missing 2 buckles full stop, a third is snapped beyond repair and some dirty s*it has left chewing gum all over the bottom of the inside. Unhappy doesn't even begin to cover it. //rant

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)