Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Crosville Club
RE: Crosville Club
(17/06/2012 15:32)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I undertook a new 'further maths' GCSE this year which is basically marked to A-level standard and contains significant amounts of the A-level course. Now, being quite good at GCSE maths, I thought this would just be a small step up and I'd be fine. The step up from GCSE to A-level is HUGE! I really got taken by surprise and having completed the exams for that the week before last, all I can say is that I hope the grade boundaries are low with it being the first time the exam's run!

I agree with that entirely, I found GCSE maths fairly straight forward and got a high B yet A level some of it, being honest, I couldn't ever understand! Just glad in some ways I did then go to Uni and do part of my degree in it as it proved I hadn't gone stupid and the teaching methods at the Uni were far superior to that of my sixth form, in my view!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
3 more exams for me, 2 additional sciences (Unit 5 and 6 with OCR 21st Century) and DT-RM!
Makes me laugh, this is 'study leave' and Im in every day this week bar Thursday!
(17/06/2012 15:32)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(17/06/2012 15:24)27701 Wrote:  Ditto, for my last geography exam tomorrow! Sad
Human Geography on the AQA board? I've got that tomorrow morning having completed the physical paper on Friday too. I'm just hoping this paper is as nice as Friday's which I thought was reasonably nice. It's just the case studies though, I can't get the details into my head for the life of me!
That's correct! Revision is the key to geography - without it, there's generally no point in even doing the paper! Confused

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I didn't do much revision for my Geography GCSE. It was a fairly good paper from what I remember. Anyway - good luck with your GCSEs guys
i am yet to do revision and am in my first year at college on the top IT course

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(17/06/2012 18:13)MX61 AWY (3067) Wrote:  I didn't do much revision for my Geography GCSE. It was a fairly good paper from what I remember. Anyway - good luck with your GCSEs guys

Speaking of GCSE Geography I have just completed my Year 10 Exam, Now we have Controlled Coursework to complete which involves a field trip.
So queus where is the field trip to .....
St.Helens-AAAAAAAAHHHHHH, So gutted
We did our controlled assessment around St Helens and Eccleston too - comparing land use in the CBD to that in the Suburbs. Not the most glamorous locations (we all wanted to do Southport!) but it works well all the same as it has prominent features a plenty that you're taught about in the build up lessons.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
they took us to some farm in rainford with a map and we had to find certain crop fields, one of the hardest things i ever did and almost put me of BTEC

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(19/06/2012 20:27)CX54 DKD Wrote:  We did our controlled assessment around St Helens and Eccleston too - comparing land use in the CBD to that in the Suburbs. Not the most glamorous locations (we all wanted to do Southport!) but it works well all the same as it has prominent features a plenty that you're taught about in the build up lessons.

Yes, as I live in St.Helens I have plently of background knowledge so I guess I'm at an advantage. We are testing the hypothesis that "St.Helens CBD is thriving" but all I can say to that is *cough* *cough*Pound Shops:P
I remember doing 3 hypotheses for my GCSE Geography....I loved every minute of it :P

Wish I could go back, they're much easier than university examinations!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)