Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ellisons Travel
RE: Ellisons Travel
Ellisons are now doing the Saints Rugby Team players coach.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
WSM3 is no longer wrapped for Manchester City. Man City are due a new TX21 altano this summer. It should have been YJ18 AZB but that is now Spurs new coach as AZC had build quality issues so got sent back to Belgium to be recrified. AZC expected to be for Manchester City now. Another 3 are expected in this batch bringing a total of 5 new Altanos to Ellisons. All Starliners are expected to go with the exception of euro 6 NLE145
A new arrival is Irizar i8 YT68LCK

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
YJ18 AZA now has WSM 3 on it
YD14 GDV which was WSM 3 now has 18 BOS on
YJ18 AZB is now 88 NXD
Starliner 18 BOS is now 74 YKP
i8 YN67 VDE is now OJB53
The starliner formerly WSM3 & more recently OJB53 has gone from the fleet.
There are 2 new, yet to be registered, Altanos and an i8 currently getting converted.
(10/02/2019 11:48)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  YJ18 AZA now has WSM 3 on it
YD14 GDV which was WSM 3 now has 18 BOS on
YJ18 AZB is now 88 NXD
Starliner 18 BOS is now 74 YKP
i8 YN67 VDE is now OJB53
The starliner formerly WSM3 & more recently OJB53 has gone from the fleet.
There are 2 new, yet to be registered, Altanos and an i8 currently getting converted.

Great info thanks I noticed that YN67 VDE the Everton team coach had been re registered but didn’t know what it’s new plate was. I’m not a huge fan of the i8 to be honest, have been on one of the Altano team coaches and it was very impressive. You still can’t bear a Starliner it’s such a shame they discontinued production. At least the Everton coach has the i8 removed from the side windows that makes it look a little more stealthy. Everton seem to have gone through a fair few team coaches. From a Starliner that carried 3 WSM to an Altano that wore the same plate. The Man City Altano WSM 3 that arrived at the same time lasted as their team coach for a good few years after Everton swapped theirs out to an i8 that only seemed to last for at most a season before they switched to the current i8 now registered OJB 53. I’ve even seen them use the former Spurs team coach the Euro 6 Starliner 152 JUP for a few matches.

Any reason why some teams seem to swap their team coach far more frequently than others? Based on Everton’s current form I’d love to see the back of the current coach as it seems to be cursed.
Its either the contract the team have with Ellisons or to do with the manager. Ronald Koeman didn’t like the Altano (3WSM which is currently allocated to Bournemouth) and as Neoplan wont do the Starliner on RHD anymore, the i8 was the only real option. 55LYU i think Everton had (now allocated to Sheff Wednesday). Liverpool seem to get a new one every 3 years. Leicester have the oldest coach in the fleet LC08 FOX which was new in 2011 for Liverpool FC. They’re due a new one along with Chelsea and Southampton.
(18/02/2019 01:43)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Its either the contract the team have with Ellisons or to do with the manager. Ronald Koeman didn’t like the Altano (3WSM which is currently allocated to Bournemouth) and as Neoplan wont do the Starliner on RHD anymore, the i8 was the only real option. 55LYU i think Everton had (now allocated to Sheff Wednesday). Liverpool seem to get a new one every 3 years. Leicester have the oldest coach in the fleet LC08 FOX which was new in 2011 for Liverpool FC. They’re due a new one along with Chelsea and Southampton.

Thanks for the information, makes a lot of sense that if Koeman didn’t like the Van Hool the only real alternative option if they wanted a new team coach was the i8. I’m surprised that no team has looked at the Astromega with Man United having one as their team coach, through their contract with Eavesway. It enables 2-1 seating which significantly improves comfort levels. I realise it has its negatives with the team/coaching staff being split between the two decks. Of course it is more costly to acquire and run but for the likes of Man City the cost difference would be rather insignificant. In my view however a RHD Skyliner would be the ultimate coach to make a statement, although that will never happen.

I noticed much to my surprise that Leicester were still using the 2011 Van Hool this season. I’m guessing they used this coach in the season they became Premier League Champions, so I imagine there is a significant sentimental attachment to their team coach. I imagine that the registration plate on this coach was purchased by the club rather than Ellison’s as it’s Leicester FC specific. The personalised plates on other team coaches like WSM 3 and 3 WSM being of significance to Ellison’s rather than the club whose team coach it is.

It will be interesting to see if Southampton get a crest on their new team coach or go for a wrap like Liverpool and Man City. Personally I prefer the classic Ellison’s livery which looks far more sophisticated than the “Brexit bus” scheme on the Liverpool coach (that may be down to the fact I’m an Everton fan).

With the Southampton coach due to be replaced will that mean there will only be one Starliner left in the form of the Euro 6 (ex Spurs team coach) NLE 145? Hopefully that will be around for another year or two. It will be a sad day when the last Starliner leaves the fleet as it has been such an iconic brand that’s been so long associated with Ellisons. Hopefully the company will pay a fitting tribute to the Starliner when the last one leaves the fleet.
I think Southamptons will be similar to what they have now on 90 KXG. Ellisons still have 4 Starliners in the fleet, 152JUP 74YKP 90KXG and NLE145 (euro 6). Therr is only 90KXG allocated to a team at the moment. The other 3 are not.

Id imagine that Leicester did purchase that plate as it is very similar to the ones on the late owners personal cars. That 2011 T918 that they currently have allocated to them was new as Liverpools team coach in 2011. Will be sad to see that one go, cracking motor. The new TX21 will be with Leicester very soon. It was out on the road last week (no reg yet, possibly waiting until March for the 19 plates).
(26/02/2019 01:10)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  I think Southamptons will be similar to what they have now on 90 KXG. Ellisons still have 4 Starliners in the fleet, 152JUP 74YKP 90KXG and NLE145 (euro 6). Therr is only 90KXG allocated to a team at the moment. The other 3 are not.

Id imagine that Leicester did purchase that plate as it is very similar to the ones on the late owners personal cars. That 2011 T918 that they currently have allocated to them was new as Liverpools team coach in 2011. Will be sad to see that one go, cracking motor. The new TX21 will be with Leicester very soon. It was out on the road last week (no reg yet, possibly waiting until March for the 19 plates).

That’s great to know, excited to catch a glimpse of the new team coaches and the Starliner’s whilst they are still around. Hadn’t realised they still had 4.
New i8 YT19 KVA.
Starliner 152JUP had reverted back to its original plate ready for sale.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)