Current time: 25/04/2024, 03:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fire Liverpool
RE: Bus fire Liverpool
Good riddence to it!

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2012 12:08)J654UHN Wrote:  north east had a few issues with the Daf Sb220 chassis on their prestiges but look how many of that chassis there are on merseyside. We have the alx-300s on it as well as Mylleniums and so far 3 have caught fire out of god knows how many.
as Mbonwick says it can happen at any moment. ive been on a cadet and the brakes have stuck on resulting in a small fire put out using a bottle of water the driver had

Indeed it can happen to any bus anywhere. He's getting up there lately with Andy Clarle for the most annoying FM for pointless/annoying posts.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(19/06/2012 13:12)Palatine II Wrote:  Good riddence to it!
Indeed! The more of those ALX300s that go bang, the better! Big Grin
(19/06/2012 14:20)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 12:08)J654UHN Wrote:  north east had a few issues with the Daf Sb220 chassis on their prestiges but look how many of that chassis there are on merseyside. We have the alx-300s on it as well as Mylleniums and so far 3 have caught fire out of god knows how many.
as Mbonwick says it can happen at any moment. ive been on a cadet and the brakes have stuck on resulting in a small fire put out using a bottle of water the driver had
Indeed it can happen to any bus anywhere. He's getting up there lately with Andy Clarle for the most annoying FM for pointless/annoying posts.
Definitely! No matter what we say, he comes back with something else...! :P

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There not nice buses so if i was green lane i'd scrap the lot of them including birkenhead!

by looking at the photo it doesn't look as bad as 2412 but the main thing is everyone got off ok !
(19/06/2012 14:39)Ultralow Wrote:  There not nice buses so if i was green lane i'd scrap the lot of them including birkenhead!

I don't mind then, they've plenty of legroom although they feel slow even with the driver putting there foot down. Couple have had issues with the throttle getting jammed haven't they, remember an incident at Chester bus exchange, where this happened & the bus demolished a phone box, luckly it was early Morning when it happened.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(19/06/2012 14:44)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 14:39)Ultralow Wrote:  There not nice buses so if i was green lane i'd scrap the lot of them including birkenhead!

I don't mind then, they've plenty of legroom although they feel slow even with the driver putting there foot down. Couple have had issues with the throttle getting jammed haven't they, remember an incident at Chester bus exchange, where this happened & the bus demolished a phone box, luckly it was early Morning when it happened.

The legroom is probably the best thing out them Smile But what I hate about them they don't give you much space at the back for your body Angry
RE: Bus Fire Liverpool
Another one of these gone up? I think serious questions need to be asked on the safety of the bus type. 2407 itself doesn't look too badly damaged, and I personally think it will return to service after a lengthy lay off. Lets not forget Arriva have just spent a fortune refurbishing it, they wouldn't want to let it go lightly.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Had a thought it may have been an SB220 , personally if Arriva looked after the engine side of things I think they would be fine , I've smelt the odd smell of hot oil from one or two , though I don't think it should deter one or two from riding on them as a whole , hopefully lessons are too be learnt from Arriva over this

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
The recurring fire issue on the DAF SB220 chassis vehicles is down to a design flaw, Kuyoyo has previously given specifics, and is NOT down to Arriva's maintenance of the vehicles. Making such accusations puts the forum on very thin ice and I should think it best to halt them now rather than later.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
has any other buses gone up in flames in the north west over the last 2 years?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)