Current time: 24/04/2024, 02:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fire Liverpool
RE: Bus fire Liverpool
When you compare bus miles operated per day throughout the country, to how many engine fires that actually occur, there really is nothing to worry about, and when one does occur, as long as everyone gets away safely, who gives a crap about the bus ! Life matters, objects don't :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
thats very true mate and am probs over reating about it but its the first time i have heard of 2 of the same type of bus going up in flames just a few months apart

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/06/2012 10:21)bolton bus basher Wrote:  thats very true mate and am probs over reating about it but its the first time i have heard of 2 of the same type of bus going up in flames just a few months apart

Ok so you don't want to get on another one, well if you were standing in the rain getting wet and one turned up as your bus, are you going to let it go and continue waiting whilst getting colder & wetter because the odd one has a fire, I don't think that you are, this is just one of those things that can happen to any vehicle let alone a bus.
well thankfully i think st helens only have 2 but knowing me i probs would after all i was stood in stockbridge village once in the rain for 45 mins as all the buses turning up was marshalls (i dont hate marshalls that much no more)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(19/06/2012 10:28)bolton bus basher Wrote:  well thankfully i think st helens only have 2 but knowing me i probs would after all i was stood in stockbridge village once in the rain for 45 mins as all the buses turning up was marshalls (i dont hate marshalls that much no more)

That is a bit ridiculous if you done that no matter how much you hate a certain type of bus.
i did do that as at the time i was yet to find a marshall i liked

(19/06/2012 10:28)bolton bus basher Wrote:  well thankfully i think st helens only have 2 but knowing me i probs would after all i was stood in stockbridge village once in the rain for 45 mins as all the buses turning up was marshalls (i dont hate marshalls that much no more)
Ours are ALX200s on a different chassis and with a different engine to the ALX300s that have caught fine Terry ;-)

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
oh well thanks for that i will use our lot then Smile

(19/06/2012 10:06)27701 Wrote:  or the bus' engine itself could just complicate one day and catch fire (I'm not good on mechanics so I might have this completely wrong!).

It's very rare for a bus to catch fire, so there's nothing to worry about!

Yep, prefectly possible for that to happen, and as I'm sure you know there's so many things that can go wrong. Most catastrophic is a big or little end failure which result in the piston fly out through the block. Equally a partical failure could result in the piston smashing up into the cylinderhead, leaving high pressure diesel all over the place.
Equally, its just as possible that a HP fuel hose as snapped or fractured - its nigh on impossible to predict this with metal ones.
north east had a few issues with the Daf Sb220 chassis on their prestiges but look how many of that chassis there are on merseyside. We have the alx-300s on it as well as Mylleniums and so far 3 have caught fire out of god knows how many.
as Mbonwick says it can happen at any moment. ive been on a cadet and the brakes have stuck on resulting in a small fire put out using a bottle of water the driver had

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)