Current time: 25/04/2024, 03:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fire Liverpool
RE: Bus fire Liverpool
i was expecting a pulsar but pulsars seem to be good at not catching fire, only good thing about them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2012 09:10)507022 Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 08:59)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I just knew that it was going to be another one of these ALX 300's.

Apart from 2412 and 2407 this morning, are there any other ALX 300s that have caught fire?

There has been a few prestiges that have gone up in smoke in the north east which I suppose a similar to these in some ways. Don't know if any of these ALX300's have gone up in smoke in other areas.
Find all posts by this user
After the Wirral one and now this one I will no longer be going on any ALX300's anytime soon
am with you on that andy i was just starting to like some of the green lane examples as well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
so what 2 out of how many Daf Sb220s Arriva nw catch fire and now suddenly you wont go near them. 3609 Daf SB250 caught fire and was stripped for spares and you werent saying im avoiding them. 6574 caught fire and yet your not avoiding b10bs.
Grow up
(19/06/2012 09:53)J654UHN Wrote:  so what 2 out of how many Daf Sb220s Arriva nw catch fire and now suddenly you wont go near them. 3609 Daf SB250 caught fire and was stripped for spares and you werent saying im avoiding them. 6574 caught fire and yet your not avoiding b10bs.
Grow up
I agree with this. Whilst I'd never tell anybody to grow up if they fear about their safety on-board a type which has had two fires recently (I'm with them on that), any bus can catch fire. A fire can be the result of how bad the bus has been maintained, or the bus' engine itself could just complicate one day and catch fire (I'm not good on mechanics so I might have this completely wrong!).

It's very rare for a bus to catch fire, so there's nothing to worry about!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(19/06/2012 09:53)J654UHN Wrote:  so what 2 out of how many Daf Sb220s Arriva nw catch fire and now suddenly you wont go near them. 3609 Daf SB250 caught fire and was stripped for spares and you werent saying im avoiding them. 6574 caught fire and yet your not avoiding b10bs.
Grow up

Well said, at the end of the day any vehicle can up in smoke and you can't go out thinking I will avoid this type of bus just because the odd one has gone on fire.
2 of the batch in a short time have gone up in flames whats to stop a 3rd in another few months?

(19/06/2012 10:14)bolton bus basher Wrote:  2 of the batch in a short time have gone up in flames whats to stop a 3rd in another few months?

2 in a batch that are now 13 years old, how many of these chassis & engine types are around the country, this is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
well after recent fires on them i do not feel very safe about going on one until arriva can confirm they will at least take a quick look at each one to try and avoid it happening again

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)