Current time: 16/04/2024, 16:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hattons Travel (Nip On Transport)
RE: Hattons Travel (Nip On Transport)
(25/01/2019 17:58)darylyates17 Wrote:  I’ve just heard off a Hattons Driver that the 141 might be going as well apprently Hattons will give it another month or two and then get rid if things don’t improve

Plus the legally required 10 weeks notice, I trust
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hattons have put in lots of new registrations today 28 and 141 are changing. Brand new 141A and 28A (to Haydock Industrial Estate) and they have won the 133 at the St Helens tender round.
I wonder if some of this is linked to a story I seen last week in St Helens Star where the company was asking retailers on Ravenhead Retail Park for short term funding so they could enhance services round there in connection with the opening of the new M&S store.
(28/02/2019 14:22)iMarkeh Wrote:  Hattons have put in lots of new registrations today 28 and 141 are changing. Brand new 141A and 28A (to Haydock Industrial Estate) and they have won the 133 at the St Helens tender round.
A few routes may well be extended or rerouted once Haydock Industrial Estate is complete. It’s a good move there from Hattons.

(28/02/2019 15:23)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder if some of this is linked to a story I seen last week in St Helens Star where the company was asking retailers on Ravenhead Retail Park for short term funding so they could enhance services round there in connection with the opening of the new M&S store.

Doubt it very much
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I have just thought about this and correct me if I am wrong but could these be placement trips given Hattons is based at Haydock Industrial Estate? Dead millage trips to get the bus to Newton or St Helens.
(28/02/2019 17:26)RedPanda Wrote:  Doubt it very much

Found link to online story:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/1743...tail-park/
(28/02/2019 19:23)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Found link to online story:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/1743...tail-park/

Yes, I’m sure some staff will use the service as will regular elderly M&S folk. But I don’t think there’s enough demand for all the retail unit’s staff and shoppers. Currently you’re lucky if the bus is a quarter full. Most of whom are passes. Where’s the extra money coming from?
(28/02/2019 20:01)RedPanda Wrote:  Yes, I’m sure some staff will use the service as will regular elderly M&S folk. But I don’t think there’s enough demand for all the retail unit’s staff and shoppers. Currently you’re lucky if the bus is a quarter full. Most of whom are passes. Where’s the extra money coming from?

That is why they are asking the retailers on there to give them some short term funding to get these improvements started but the article also stresses that the public must play their part by using these services or else they won't be viable.
YT51 EAP is back on this reg plate, N60 RFL Plate now on a Volvo built in 1997 (Any further information would be welcome). YT51 EAP is showing as SORN still.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(03/03/2019 10:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  YT51 EAP is back on this reg plate, N60 RFL Plate now on a Volvo built in 1997 (Any further information would be welcome). YT51 EAP is showing as SORN still.

T42 PVM, I have heard off a mutual friend of ours (Jordan) that this plate is now on a ex Stagecoach Alexander bodied Volvo Olympian

User(s) browsing this thread: NathanR, 7 Guest(s)