Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hattons Travel (Nip On Transport)
RE: Hattons Travel (Nip On Transport)
(16/11/2018 17:34)Bevan Price Wrote:  In the December 2018 issue of "Buses" (Page 16), it states that Hatton's forms part of RATP-owned Selwyns. Does anyone know if that is correct, and if so, when did this happen ?

Had a search of the RATP & Selwyns web sites, and found that Selwyns bought Haytons of Manchester when that company ran into difficulties a few years ago, so perhaps Buses has confused Hatton with Hayton ??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/11/2018 21:52)Bevan Price Wrote:  Had a search of the RATP & Selwyns web sites, and found that Selwyns bought Haytons of Manchester when that company ran into difficulties a few years ago, so perhaps Buses has confused Hatton with Hayton ??

So think there will be a correction then at some point. Fairly certain it would have been significant news locally if it had happened.
Can't find anything relevant on page 16, but I'm sure it's a simple transcription error.
(16/11/2018 23:50)EDB325 Wrote:  Can't find anything relevant on page 16, but I'm sure it's a simple transcription error.

The article was about Warrington's Own Buses temporary tender gain on the 144 and explained that Hatton's has subsequently gained the contract. It's at the top of page 16.
(17/11/2018 07:48)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The article was about Warrington's Own Buses temporary tender gain on the 144 and explained that Hatton's has subsequently gained the contract. It's at the top of page 16.

I must get some lenses for these spectacles ! Missed it completely. I've emailed Alan Millar at "Buses" and pointed out his uncharacteristic error.
Noticed over the last few days that MW52 UCC has been running round in all over white (minus dark red skirt). At first I thought it was a newly acquired vehicle until I checked the reg.
Did not see this coming:

PC1144732/11 Cancelled
HATTONS TRANSPORT LTD
Route: St. Helens, Bickerstaffe Street to Bold Heath/Lingley Green via Clock Face, St. Helens Junction
Service number: 140 ()
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 21 Jan 2019

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/12/2018 13:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  Did not see this coming:

PC1144732/11 Cancelled
HATTONS TRANSPORT LTD
Route: St. Helens, Bickerstaffe Street to Bold Heath/Lingley Green via Clock Face, St. Helens Junction
Service number: 140 ()
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 21 Jan 2019

I thought it had been saved by the recent changes as I recall back in the summer, one of their drivers was telling everyone on board one journey that they were looking at withdrawing it. The recent changes mustn't have worked then.
Its been threatened by them a few times apparently like the X3 Liverpool
It's gone out for tender. I will get the tender specs and upload them here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)