Current time: 28/03/2024, 22:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Queens Funeral 19/9
Queens Funeral 19/9
Considering its now been announced that the Queens Funeral on 19/9 will be a Bank Holiday does this actually mean Buses in various places in Northwest will be running a normal Bank Holiday service or is this yet to be decided?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Queens Funeral 19/9
I reckon it is too short notice to change route/timetable registrations for the day. So they may need to aim to provide normal services. There may however be more cancellations with more absences than usual if more staff so want to watch her funeral.
In London they have the obvious issue of road closures preventing buses running, even if they try to run a normal service.

Elsewhere the issue may be whether all employers give employees the day off. I think the government would like (but haven't mandated) a full shutdown but whether it will actually be like Christmas Day is another question.
Arriva are running a BH service
From posting on the Web some companies have taken the Jubilee livery buses out of sevice to have the the livery removed
(11/09/2022 06:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I reckon it is too short notice to change route/timetable registrations for the day. So they may need to aim to provide normal services. There may however be more cancellations with more absences than usual if more staff so want to watch her funeral.
You shouldn't need to re-register as it would come under the registered 'Sundays and Bank Holidays' timetable.

And even if someone did a different timetable to what was booked, given the lack of enforcement from the Traffic Commissioner, they would get away with i anyway.
Slightly off topic will all Arriva buses be displaying their tribute message on the blinds by then? I'm amazed how quickly Stagecoach have got it sorted but only a few buses from Bootle seemed to be carrying it yesterday.
I must admit I have not seen a single arriva bus here in wirral carrying a tribute message to our late beloved Queen.

Rock Ferry depot were very quick to get a message up on their destinations and had a tribute showing on their vehicles by the next day
There were a few arriva buses with “ in loving memory Queen Elizabeth11 1926 - 2022” around Liverpool today, but the Stagecoach ones look better (with a royal crown as well) and the majority of those I saw had it
Southport depot buses on the 300 showing message.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)