Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
I've seen the MP Travel Dart W481 UAG parked up at Knutsford bus station on a couple of weekday afternoons, so possibly Howards have loaned it until they lose the Cheshire East contracts? People who notice it do look surprised (including D&G Bus drivers.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
From what I've heard recently the 2 loan vans have been returned to the leasers which means the change over driver for the afternoon 27 now has to come over to Knutsford in a spare bus from the Depot hence the appearance of a MP Travel vehicle in Knutsford.
W481 UAG arrived in to Knutsford bus station at 14:04 working the 289 service today. The driver's still more interested in finishing his shift than making sure he doesn't leave Mere early (where it's timetable to depart at 14:08)!
The W reg Dart spotted in Knutsford again today, possibly on a rail replacement bus service but if that was the case an unusually small vehicle for a rail replacement bus.
Have Howards sold the Metrocity? I've not seen it for a few weeks and they seem to be using a coach for driver change overs now with W481 UAG being the regular on the 289.
(27/03/2018 12:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Have Howards sold the Metrocity? I've not seen it for a few weeks and they seem to be using a coach for driver change overs now with W481 UAG being the regular on the 289.

This should provide the answer
(27/03/2018 18:56)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  This should provide the answer

So do they still have both the Enviro 200s? I know one of them was on the 27 today. It just seems a bit surprising they'd use a hired in Dart (which presumably drinks a lot more diesel than the Metrocity) and a coach (for presumably driver changeovers) if they've still got all the vehicles they had available.
Actually unless its actually been sold the Metrocity is the preferred vehicle on 48 Northwich-Frodsham at the moment hence why its not been seen in Knutsford recently
(29/03/2018 05:44)M60lad Wrote:  Actually unless its actually been sold the Metrocity is the preferred vehicle on 48 Northwich-Frodsham at the moment hence why its not been seen in Knutsford recently

Ah so it's the Howards branded Dart that's been hiding recently, with the MP Travel branded Dart being used in lieu but on the 289 instead of the 48.
MPDs cant be used on 48s as Cheshire West specify that its got to be a big vehicle on the route as certain journies pick up School Kids from what I've been told and allegedly Howards have been getting fined by Cheshire West every time they've put a MPD on the route hence why they've now swapped the Metrocity off the 289 onto 48, also I believe 48 has longer to run than the 289s which finish this weekend.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)