Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
These were the regular 27 route buses from around 2004 to 2013

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5552/142...e767_b.jpg
http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7153/6544...78975d.jpg
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5139/551...ff79_b.jpg

They started off in Cheshire County Council livery but got changed to Cheshire East Council livery and transferred from Bakerbus to Bowers when Bowers won the contract in 2007? Although, Bakerbus continued to operate a separate Macclesfield-Knutsford-Tatton Park Sunday contract after that until Cheshire East withdrew the subsidy following their previous bus review. Strangely, in that bus review they decided it was essential for the Mon-Sat 27 service to continue to an hourly frequency but since High Peak decided to trial a 90 minute frequency commercially they've thought it's OK for the route to have a PVR of 1.

The second picture reminds me, for some reason, despite Bowers/High Peak holding the contract they put the Centrebus name on the buses and they programmed the destination displays to alternate rather than keeping the destination on the whole time - I don't think that's allowed now is it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
[quote='knutstransport' pid='113856' dateline='1512572808']

Is that what has gone out for operators to bid for? Cheshire East originally proposed that but the amended version post-consultation, which was approved by the CE cabinet, specifically mentioned a requirement for 39 seater vehicles to be used.

It's all open to alternative bids and suggestions, so end result may be different to the consultation proposals.

Am I right in thinking your weeklgy tickets are cheaper than 4 x day tickets? If so wouldn't it be possible for the average number of times weekly tickets are used to increase without increasing revenue?

Yes a weekly is cheaper but I was referring more to revenue rather than passenger journeys, 289 is very inconsistent compared to this.

I don't know. I also don't know if it varies between days - a Radbrooke Hall worker lives opposite me (who drives so doesn't use any bus) works the same hours Mon, Tues and Thurs but then on Wed works a longer day and on Friday a shorter day.

I do accept some people complain about overcrowding if 2 people have to stand or will stand if they don't see a vacant seat or won't ask someone to move their bag from a vacant seat. Strangely buses have a maximum standing allocation but don't have a recommended maximum standing time, while for trains it's the reverse.

It's down to what capacity actually means? Seats or total capacity with standing. I think the enviros are just the right size for loadings and the roads it uses. Though we have suffered with several punctures on that route.
(06/12/2017 21:02)The H man Wrote:  It's all open to alternative bids and suggestions, so end result may be different to the consultation proposals.

On paper it sounds good if operators are allowed to contribute their own ideas opposed to having to run a timetable which someone in a Cheshire East office wants. I'm sure yourselves, D&G and Arriva all know things which Cheshire East don't.

I don't think anyone can be sure what effect the reduced frequency or the joining up of services may have. For instance, a lot of pensioners in the over ward area of Knutsford (the most densely populated area and least affluent area) use the 88 bus all the way through to Altrincham for shopping. Currently if they wanted to go to Macclesfield or Northwich they would have to change buses or walk 1 mile or more to the bus station. So I imagine it's possible the new service might make Altrincham less attractive to them (due to reduced frequency) and Macclesfield and Northwich more attractive (due to direct services from their nearest bus stops.)

Quote:I think the enviros are just the right size for loadings and the roads it uses.

Well yes Seven Sisters isn't really suitable for very long buses and unlike in the past, every 27 service goes that way rather than just 27B ones.
(06/12/2017 13:07)The H man Wrote:  In terms of passenger numbers, bizarrely, there was a 50pence difference in revenue between the last 2 months which shows a regular client base.

Just thinking about that, it actually seems a bit strange. During school holidays on the train services serving Knutsford and the 88 bus route there's a noticeable increase in usage at off-peak times. I realise school half term is only one week and children pay reduced fares but from what you say it sounds like the 27 route didn't get any change in patronage during the October half term.
SN66 on the 27 today - first time I've seen that on the 27.
SN66 parked up out-of-use at Knutsford bus station at around 2.30 today.
Apparently SN66 was in Knutsford to replace the Optatre Metrocity which had developed a fault while out on 289s.
(19/12/2017 06:45)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently SN66 was in Knutsford to replace the Optatre Metrocity which had developed a fault while out on 289s.

So I'm guessing either the 27 or 200 didn't have an Enviro on it yesterday. I noticed the Metrocity was on the 289 this morning so sounds like any fault has been fixed.
Something which I have been thinking about for a while, it would be really nice if the 53 could be extended to do a shopping trip from Chapelford and Whittle Hall to Westbrook and back, as this connection has been completely lost by bus now.

Network Warrington used to have a 17 every 30 minutes and a 13 every 30 minutes, but have completely cut the link between Chapelford, Whittle Hall and Westbrook.
The Dart is on the 289 today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)